Have I lost my tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have I lost my tribunal?

Allisonscott_1971
Allisonscott_1971 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’m new to this so please be patient ?, I went to a tribunal yday and was told a descion would go out that day in the post,when it didn’t come today I rang the tribunal service to see if they had the descion on the system, first advisor I spoke to told me I wasn’t successful an reason why would be with the letter, I rang back asking how I go about appealing again an was asked what was I speaking that  if I haven’t had the letter and that they can’t see the descion only that one as been made an sent out an that they can’t understand why I was told I’d lost when they don’t av access to the descion only that one as been made an gone out, I’m confused as to wat to believe, the tribunal was for dla for my daughter who is 14 thank you for reading x

Comments

• Allisonscott_1971
    Allisonscott_1971 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    *touchscreen* ? meant they asked what I was wanting to appeal when I don’t know the outcome yet, DONT know what to believe do they see the descion made on screen or only that one as been made, waited 14 mth for this to be sorted I’m so nervous and impatient x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Wait until you receive the decision in the post - it should only take a few days.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    i  had my tribunal on a wed the decision came in the post on the Saturday most court letters are 2nd class and take up to 3 days to arrive
  • bandad
    bandad Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    edited June 2018
    I had my tribunal appeal allowed, and they printed off their decision there and then, gave me a copy, and said that DWP would be informed the same day. It was a Friday, so DWP didn’t update my claim for another week. But different courts obviously work differently, based on where you live. Fingers crossed you’ve been successful. 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @mikehughescq, I disagree with your statement that HMCTS will not tell you a decision over the phone. I got my decision of the tribunal told to me over the phone before I received my letter. I did specifically ask to be told and they did.

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:
    @mikehughescq, I disagree with your statement that HMCTS will not tell you a decision over the phone. I got my decision of the tribunal told to me over the phone before I received my letter. I did specifically ask to be told and they did.

@s@susan48 HMCTS have explicit instructions to not relay outcomes to appellants as it’s wholly inappropriate e.g. telling an aggressive or self-harming appellant is likely to trigger an unwelcome outcome. Also, their IT system is about processing appeals. It generally doesn’t give them any indication as to whether you’ve won or lost. They’re not bothered about the outcome as that’s between you and DWP. So, in the unlikely event it was HMCTS who told you this and not the DWP, it’s likely the person you spoke to would be in a fair bit of trouble.
     Mike, it was HMCTS who actually read out my appeal decision letter over the phone. I apologise to anyone who Iv gave clearly wrong information. 
    I took this to be standard procedure but obviously not.
    sorry again
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Any update yet 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.