Bogus emails — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bogus emails

Options
Topkitten
Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
Seeing another post made me think of something to help dealing with bogus emails. It works on PC's, not sure about tablets and phones but that's because I don't use mine to access emails.

When you receive an email there is always a part that states who it is from. For example "service&paypal.co.uk". If you hover your mouse pointer over this part a balloon pops up with the REAL source. If the text in the balloon does not match EXACTLY the part you hover over then the email is bogus and should be deleted UNREAD.

Dealing with messages this way might save you grief as it is possible to install a virus into your system simply by reading a bogus email, even if you delete it as soon as you realise it may not be ok.

If you are unsure what I mean I can try to make it easier to understand so either post here or send me a message. Some messages are always obviously bogus for instance, others a bit cleverer.

TK
"I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.