Notifying a change in income — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Notifying a change in income

wilko Member Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
my wife will be finishing work,shortly having informed DWP of a recent pay increase, they sent a annual update request. If I inform DWP that she is no longer working to have my ESA put back up will this count as a new claim or a change of circumstances ??


  • northwestmum2
    northwestmum2 Member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Should be a change of circumstances id think,but you could ring to check first so they dont mess you about.I cant plead enough how important it is TO MAKE SURE YOU PHOTOCOPY ALL OR ANY FORMS  OR LETTERS YOU SEND THEM- also MAKE A NOTE OF THE NAME OF ANYONE YOU SPEAK TO- I say this to warn you as i sent in 3 different forms at different times( plus made calls) when my youngest son moved from higher rate DLA to middle rate AND I DID TELL THEM THIS AT THE TIME-in fact i even got DLA dept to ring income support& carers allowance- but the DWP idiots got it wrong and then ended up few mths down the line by saying i had never told them and claimed back £2,600  from me that they say was overpaid but  it WASNT my fault! Because id not photocopied all my forms/letters to them or wrote down to whom id spoken-and on what days/times/which depts etc i had no proof it was THEM who had made the mistake! I implore you -dont make the same mistake i did- make sure you copy and log everything.I will in future!
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks northwestmum2, I keep telling people this, some wait months before receiving a call from the organisation they sent stuff to and told they never received it. I tell recommend to ring the organisation to ask if they received it but with the DWP wait a least a few weeks as all mail goes to a central processing before being made available to call centres to comfirm it's arrival. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.