Pip form and assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip form and assessment

Cat39
Cat39 Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've just got my pip form and it's half filled out at the moment but I'm really panicking about it and the assessment.
It's a long story but 3 years ago I moved city and due to change of situations, had to reapply for pip.
In the assessment the woman wouldn't even look at me, I have foot disformaties and she wouldn't even look at it or me, I have several conditions most of which can be noticed if I'm looked over but she didn't even glance at me! She then asked about who I lived with and when I mentioned my baby boy she made all questions about him and how I care for him. Because of this I was rejected for it, because all she asked me about was how I care for my boy.

I reapplied a month back and the forms came, I'm so panicked after last time. I felt cornered, I'm so worried the same will happen. 
Surely she can't assess me like that? Can I refuse to anwser if they do that to me again? 
Any tips for the form? How much should I write? Can I write to much, does it look bad if I write a lot?

Comments

• sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    The best advise I can offer is to contact CAB or same type of organisation and ask them to fill in forms. They then usually will help you fight if needed. Also if you are asked to have an assessment have someone with you, as my assessment was totally twisted and my answers were disgarded. Just keep fighting. God bless
  • Cat39
    Thank you both
     I've rang up and asked for longer, I've also been writing the form down on my emails and emailing it to myself. Hopefully I've wrote enough for the form and gone into enough detail with it all.
    I'm going to have my boyfriend come to the assessment with me when the time comes and hopefully they won't twist it this time, it's sad this happens to people.
    I'll contact the CAB and see if they can go over it before I send it off.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP including a draft diary that you can adapt.  Good idea to include a 7 day diary with your application.

PIP is about your conditions affect your daily living and mobility, not about the conditions themselves.  Your disabilities have to fit various descriptors.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Cat39 said:

I'll contact the CAB and see if they can go over it before I send it off

Do you think it wiser to ask a complete stranger to read it through who knows nothing about you other than to ask your boyfriend who has more intimate knowledge of the problems you face? 
  • Cat39
    Yadnad said:
    Cat39 said:

I'll contact the CAB and see if they can go over it before I send it off

Do you think it wiser to ask a complete stranger to read it through who knows nothing about you other than to ask your boyfriend who has more intimate knowledge of the problems you face? 
    I've had my boyfriend fill it out with me, and I was going off what the other user said I thought it was good advice? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.