Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Sex education for 6 year old grandson at school.....REALLY???
Good morning everyone My daughter was informed by the primary school that Rhys would be starting sex education, hes only just 6 and in my opinion is barely past a baby. Surprisingly she was horrified (I thought the only reason I was is because im a dinosaur) Her immediate remark was 'its not happening'. Looking on line there is conflicting information as to whether a parent can exclude their child. It seems this is Mandatory, which indicates to me she cannot pull him out. Does anybody have any advice or knowledge please??
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.