Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
struggling with claiming carers allowance
I'm struggling with claiming carers allowance for my gf and after nearly 10 weeks they have said they are waiting on conformation from ESA from the gf, which we sent off on Monday that I officially moved in on the 8th June 18, so they sent a letter a while awarding me carers from the 11th June 18, but not allowed me backdating from 09/04/18. Because of ESA paid toto my gf. Which somehow is the same amount as my arrears. So I rang today and the ESA form we sent in has not been seen yet up to now n we been told to wait still when its totally unsure if we will get it at all...
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.