PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP MR HELP

heyyouitsmeheyyouitsme Member Posts: 33 Connected
Hello everyone I’m new to the site 🙋🏽‍♀️

Im looking for some information and reassurance. I was on DLA for 5 years on low mobility and low care. I never appealed it as I was scared I’d loose it. Anyways PIP has now taken over so I went to money matters to fill in my form. 

I have a lot of different physical health problems and well as well as mental health. I submitted my physical health paperwork and assumed they would contact the relevant people for my mental health. (They never) 

I got told to attend the assessment. I called and explained I can’t leave the house and was told because my form says I’m aggressive I had to attend. I questioned this as I’m not aggressive though I do get adgitated when too much is going on and I can’t cope. I was told it would be pointless to try and get a visit as it would be rejected. I was then told I couldn’t take my 1 year old with me as she wasn’t allowed in the room. There’s only one person who knows my needs and how to help me communicate but I couldn’t bring him as he had to watch my daughter. I explained again that I couldn’t come on my own and was told that if I didn’t turn up I wouldn’t get my claim processed. 

I turned up on the day, myself with a Taxi that was prebooked as I can’t get on public transport. I spent most of my time in the toilet hiding then hid round the corner of the screens to avoid contact and other people in the waiting room seeing me. I went from the waiting room to the assessment room and stopped 4 times. I apologised for walking so slow and explained I’d had a fall down the stairs. When I got into the room she questioned me about this again and I showed her a massive bruise I had on my hip. None of this was mentioned in the report I looked well groomed not tired and well.  Through the assessment I couldn’t answer questions correctly so I got upset and cried through most of it. I was coaxed onto answering questions that was arevelent. I explained I don’t leave the house unless for appointments I have got on public transport since 2013. None of this was mentioned. I was asked if I Drive I say no. Have you ever driven i said no then I was asked if I’ve ever taken driving lessons I said yes 12 years ago. It was then written down I take driving lessons. All though the assessment I couldn’t understand why my mental health wasn’t asked about. I wasn’t asked how my other conditions effected me either. She asked about my tablets I get and I gave her my medical summery from my Drs. She failed to take this from me and I didn’t realise till I got home and my uncle told me she need that as it’s evidence. He called dwp and was told I need to send it in. £7.35 next day delivery it cost me. My uncle also requested her report which is why I know what is in it. Needless to say when the report came I was shocked and disguated at what was stated. Another call was made and I was told someone would call me to discuss this before a decision was made but again I haven’t heard anything and have now had my offer. 

Shockinly I was expecting nothing BUT I was awarded 11 points for daily living and 8 for care. I’m very pleased but also angry that my mental health hasn’t been taken into consideration. I contacted money matters who told me I was 1 point away from enhanced rate which made me worse. I didn’t feel I could appeal it as I was told I could loose everything. It’s been on my mind for the last 4 days making me ill as I know I have these issues and surely I’m entitled to those extra points so... I’ve decided to send the MR as suggested by money matters. 

I have 2 questions:
1- What do I do to challange the assessors report and then not following it up and her twisting and not writing a true assessment? 
2- I currently have over 30 bits of paper regarding new evidence that I didn’t know I needed as it wasn’t explained at the time. I’m still awaiting letters from my physiologist, woman’s aid and another organisation. What are my chances of winning this without having to appeal and go to a tribunal? I have actually included pictures of the day I attended the assement of my bruises and also a letter from a procurator fiscal stating that due to medical issues I can give evidence at my local court rather than one mines away and give via video link and a 1 hr call before I’ve to give evidence (this is to save communicating with other people in the court) I have also included letters where my physciritist has said I have conguative and other issues where the nurse that assessed me said that I had nothing and was able to communicate fine.

I haven’t put my MR forward yet as I’m terrified but want to know my chances or any advice before I make myself more ill that it’s alrwady making me. Sorry for my massive essay I’ll give your eyes a rest now but any help or experiences would be grate. Thank you all for taking your time to help me. 

Replies

• heyyouitsmeheyyouitsme Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Appolagises for spelling mistakes 🙈
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    You can put your m r forward like myself but in my opinion they never change  
    The decision but I would forward it anyway because if you don't you cant go to 
    A tribunal until you get the decision of the m r 
    Surely with medical evidence they can’t knock back the one point... can they? I’ve got 10 new medical evidence and 4 supporting letters from organisations. Have you been knocked back at your MR? X
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
    Hi,
    my MR was successful. So I’m just trying to point out that there are positive outcomes as well.
    but they will look at the whole award again so make sure you have a strong enough reward to start with.
    then there is little chance of you loosing what you already have.
    Hi,
    my MR was successful. So I’m just trying to point out that there are positive outcomes as well.
    but they will look at the whole award again so make sure you have a strong enough reward to start with.
    then there is little chance of you loosing what you already have.
    Yes I got 11 for daily living tho they have awarded me for aids coz I said I have them but I can’t actually use them my daughter is left cutting up my dinner and preparing food ect so really that in itself should be 2 extra points. They haven’t taken into account my medical health at all but I didn’t supply evidence of that which I’m now doing with proves the assessor is wrong with her findings. I’m terrifed I really am. 

Well done on getting what is rightfully yours. I hope it wasn’t too stressful for you. Did you submit new evidence when you done yours? X
    Can anyone else please help My anxiety is through the roof. 
    Why doesn’t anyone post? Does anyone have a contact number for someone who can help me? 
    Just stay calm the assessment is half an hour it takes them 4 weeks to send you 
    The decision 
    My mistake I'm waiting for my m r it will be 2 months on the 20th if I don't hear 
    By then I will be on to them 
    Hi , I have an offer for you, can you work at home and earn money for receiving gift items from donors?
    If I could work I wouldn’t be trying to claim PIP for being unable to work. Why would you say that to someone especially at this time?
    jim1074 said:
    My mistake I'm waiting for my m r it will be 2 months on the 20th if I don't hear 
    By then I will be on to them 
    Yeah I have been for my assessment Jim I didn’t think it went well but I got an offer from them. The assessors report isn’t a true reflection so I’m going to appeal it. Do you get paid or does it get backdated 
    If you don't get the decision after the m r then you appeal and wait to go to the tribunal if you win they have to backdate it to the date you first claimed 
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    I went to m r then appeal then tribunal it took 8 months and its goung to be backdated. Good luck
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
    I went to m r then appeal then tribunal it took 8 months and its goung to be backdated. Good luck
    What do you think my chances are with my situation of it being accepted xx
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    I have no idea
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
    Okay thank you x
    Does anyone else have an advice? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Less than 20% of MR decisions are successful, so it's highly likely that you will need to take it to a Tribunal if you want to fight this decision. I know that's not what you want to hear but if i told you anything different i'd be lying.

Please try to calm down, you've had a lot of advice and there's no other advice anyone can give you. You need to wait for the MR decision and there's no timescales. They can take as long as they want to take.

Not sending in the relevant evidence before your assessment didn't help your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. It's not unusual for the HCPs not to accept evidence on the day of the assessment. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Hi,

Less than 20% of MR decisions are successful, so it's highly likely that you will need to take it to a Tribunal if you want to fight this decision. I know that's not what you want to hear but if i told you anything different i'd be lying.

Please try to calm down, you've had a lot of advice and there's no other advice anyone can give you. You need to wait for the MR decision and there's no timescales. They can take as long as they want to take.

Not sending in the relevant evidence before your assessment didn't help your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. It's not unusual for the HCPs not to accept evidence on the day of the assessment. Good luck.
    Aww thank you Poppy123456 I wasn’t told any of this. I have problems concentrating and understanding but no one told me I had to send in my mental health paperwork. At the time I never actually had any but currently sitting with over 30 bits of new evidence. I’ve only been told I’m 1 point of enhanced and it’s worth fighting for though I could loose all my points. So it’s really left me in Limbo but I’ve not been able to shake it off as my mental health hasn’t been taken into consideration at all. I’m hoping now I have paperwork from the relevant people it will help. Thank you for getting back to me with that info I really appreciate your help.   X
    Handing my paperwork in tomoz. Do I need to sign anything? Xx
  • GirlhappyGirlhappy Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Why not go to your local job centre with your paperwork, as they usually have a disability advisor there. they should be able to advice you and they might even send the paperwork for you. it's worth a try.

Girlhappy said:
    Why not go to your local job centre with your paperwork, as they usually have a disability advisor there. they should be able to advice you and they might even send the paperwork for you. it's worth a try.

Money matters are doing it for me as I can’t hold a pen to write tbh I don’t even understand the questions i forget a lot of things x
    thats it now sent away. Fingers crossed 🤞🏾 
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
    In answer to your question. No I didn’t send anymore medical info in.
    all I sent was a letter from my GP confirming my diagnosis and saying that it does affect my daily living.
    that is all.
    i sent this letter with my application , then sent another copy with the MR just in case they had lost the first.
    i haven’t got anymore medical info. My doctor just wrote that if they wanted anymore info to contact him.
    all I sent was a letter from my GP confirming my diagnosis and saying that it does affect my daily living.
    that is all.
    i sent this letter with my application , then sent another copy with the MR just in case they had lost the first.
    i haven’t got anymore medical info. My doctor just wrote that if they wanted anymore info to contact him.
    That's the problem, a lot of GPs think that they will be contacted for evidence. This is very often not the case and they are very rarely contacted. The onus is always on you to make sure the evidence is sent.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    that is all.
    That's the problem, a lot of GPs think that they will be contacted for evidence. This is very often not the case and they are very rarely contacted. The onus is always on you to make sure the evidence is sent.
    You can only send in what you have to send in. If a GP is of that opinion then you would have to try to convince him or her otherwise. Rather difficult I would think.
    Much a similar situation I had with ESA years ago. The DWP, bless them, actually wrote to one of my consultant surgeons for a report. Unfortunately the consultant wrote back to the DWP enclosing the uncompleted form telling them that his job is saving life and as such he had no time to allocate to fill out the form - he actually suggested that they contact me as no doubt I have given them a full and frank account of my issues. 
    My gp gave me a summery but won’t write me a letter as they said if they done it for me they would do it for everyone. My summery has my diagnoses on but I don’t believe it was even looked at. I’ll update you all when I hear from them. Thank you everyone appreciate all your help x
    My gp gave me a summery but won’t write me a letter as they said if they done it for me they would do it for everyone. My summery has my diagnoses on but I don’t believe it was even looked at. I’ll update you all when I hear from them. Thank you everyone appreciate all your help x
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily.
    My gp wouldn’t know how it affects me daily as they don’t see that for themselves.
    My gp wouldn’t know how it affects me daily as they don’t see that for themselves.
    Which is why other evidence will help.
    Yeah I’ve sent in 30 new bits from woman’s aid a court stating due to medical reasons i can’t travel ect 2 physiatrists my physiologist ect I never had these at the time as I thought they would contact them xx
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Two things to be clear about.

1 - whilst there is always a risk of losing what you have when challenging a decision the only way to decide how real that risk is is to get face to face advice. In many cases there is no realistic prospect if you losing what you have at all.

2 - I think you desperately need face to face advice as sending in 30 pieces if evidence isn’t going to help unless they’re addressing 30 different issues. It has the potential to go against you. 
    They haven’t taken into account my mental health so that’s what thI evidence is for. I’ve had face to face advice but they said I could loose it but I could win it there not allowed to say as truth is no on know 
    They haven’t taken into account my mental health so that’s what thI evidence is for. I’ve had face to face advice but they said I could loose it but I could win it there not allowed to say as truth is no on know 
    No doubt that’s true but how do you expect them to weigh 30 separate pieces of evidence? It’s unrealistic and potentially hugely detrimental to the success of your claim. More does not automatically equal better and I would review each document and ask yourself specifically what it adds that each other one doesn’t. Does it make the case for specific points? Is that case already supported by other evidence? Does it support things which aren’t in dispute such as a diagnosis. You cannot get an award by overwhelming a decision maker. You need to focus on what each document achieves. 

To put that in perspective for you I haven’t represented anyone in 30 years who has ever needed to put in more than 10 additional pieces of evidence and I’d guess the average is between 1 and 5. 
  • littleruthie123littleruthie123 Member Posts: 490 Pioneering
    They seem too be ignoring mental health with everyone!.my points got deducted last time .as many others u dident appeal it .this time I will fight it !.as it's not right .goid luck 
    No doubt that’s true but how do you expect them to weigh 30 separate pieces of evidence? It’s unrealistic and potentially hugely detrimental to the success of your claim. More does not automatically equal better and I would review each document and ask yourself specifically what it adds that each other one doesn’t. Does it make the case for specific points? Is that case already supported by other evidence? Does it support things which aren’t in dispute such as a diagnosis. You cannot get an award by overwhelming a decision maker. You need to focus on what each document achieves. 

To put that in perspective for you I haven’t represented anyone in 30 years who has ever needed to put in more than 10 additional pieces of evidence and I’d guess the average is between 1 and 5. 
    Well... it contirdicts everything the assessor said about communicating with others, not being able to travel on my own ect so I think it’s very important information as unless it’s for Drs or hospital apps I don’t l leave my house. Not only due to mental health but my physical. I’ve got it for my physical side but not for my mental health as I didn’t think I needed that but as they only went off the assessor and a rheumatology letter and they said there was no evidence for mental heath that’s how they gave me standard and standard I was one point off enhanced so I was told it was worth fighting for that extra point x
    They seem too be ignoring mental health with everyone!.my points got deducted last time .as many others u dident appeal it .this time I will fight it !.as it's not right .goid luck 
    Yes fight for it. I’m in pain every day and it effects my daily living but not as bad as my mental health is fighting with your own mind just to make it to the next day is hard enough. I hope you get what points your looking for. Thank you for the good luck I’ll update you once I hear back x

Well... it contirdicts everything the assessor said about communicating with others, not being able to travel on my own ect so I think it’s very important information as unless it’s for Drs or hospital apps I don’t l leave my house. Not only due to mental health but my physical. I’ve got it for my physical side but not for my mental health as I didn’t think I needed that but as they only went off the assessor and a rheumatology letter and they said there was no evidence for mental heath that’s how they gave me standard and standard I was one point off enhanced so I was told it was worth fighting for that extra point x
    So you’re saying it’s 30 pieces of evidence to make 2 points?

I’ve nothing to add.

So you’re saying it’s 30 pieces of evidence to make 2 points?

I’ve nothing to add.
    No I never said that at all. Look I’m not being rude or that but I have complex PTSD I understand what your trying to get at but mentally your not helping me. I’m not going to the ins and outs of my problems but I have different things wrong with me that I now have all the evidence for which I didn’t before. It’s not only the 1 point I’m looking for but a fair award from what I should of originally been awarded the first time as a lot wasn’t awarded correctly. 
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 949 Pioneering
    Btw, @heyyouitsme just so you know: for PIP it doesn't matter whether you're employed or not.
    Waylay said:
    Btw, @heyyouitsme just so you know: for PIP it doesn't matter whether you're employed or not.
    I never knew that but it’s always good to know. Wish I could work but I can’t even do things for myself  like cut up food ect unfortunately that falls onto my daughter. X
    My final post on this topic is to say that I think you urgently need face to face advice and representation. You should not be doing this by yourself. Going for the one point is fine in itself but my concerns about the evidence remain and you need your evidence to be reviewed by a professional who can weigh up each document and its real worth. Have seen too many people put in evidence they think says one thing when it says something else and too many people antagonise a tribunal by expecting them to wade through stuff wholly unnecessarily. If you’re going to appeal then the volume of evidence will definitely have an impact at that point. 
    My final post on this topic is to say that I think you urgently need face to face advice and representation. You should not be doing this by yourself. Going for the one point is fine in itself but my concerns about the evidence remain and you need your evidence to be reviewed by a professional who can weigh up each document and its real worth. Have seen too many people put in evidence they think says one thing when it says something else and too many people antagonise a tribunal by expecting them to wade through stuff wholly unnecessarily. If you’re going to appeal then the volume of evidence will definitely have an impact at that point. 
    And if you had read what I have previous written and stated 3 times now I have seen someone at money matters and filled in the form for me as I can’t hold a pen as my fingers pop out of joint. Again I also stated that she thought it was worth while going for that extra point. I’ll point out she was happy with the evidence I handed to her that she sent away. Tbh I’m glad I haven’t had someone like yourself help me because clearly you don’t understand my needs or how I am you have reduced me to tears I’ve now shut myself away for the night so hopefully that was your last post like you say!
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 949 Pioneering
    Just in case your arguments are about not being able to work, @heyyouitsme

I agree with @mikehughescq. You need help with this! Ask CAB, Welfare Rights, etc. There are also various local and online groups which might help.
    Waylay said:
    Just in case your arguments are about not being able to work, @heyyouitsme

I agree with @mikehughescq. You need help with this! Ask CAB, Welfare Rights, etc. There are also various local and online groups which might help.
    Again 4th time I have had help from money matters and they filled my form in. So what is it I have done wrong now? 
    I think, as was said earlier in the thread, you have a huge amount of understandable anxiety about this so let’s go back to basics. 

We’re all clear you’ve an organisation which helped you with form filling but you’ve not made it clear they’d be representing you if the matter goes beyond MR and you’ve not made it clear why you’re seeking further advice from an online forum if you already do have face to face advice. If you have any questions you should direct them solely to the organisation who have helped you so far. Doing otherwise is a recipe for contradictory and confusing advice and definitely not recommended. 

The evidence you have has been sent in for the mandatory reconsideration so there’s nothing else to be said about it now. It is what it is. The success rate at MR is about 17% at present but, that said, there’s some anecdotal evidence DWP are now takiing the process seriously again for the first time since 2015 so the weight of your evidence may yet solve it for you. Here’s hoping. 

What I am saying is slightly different. If you don’t win your MR then you’ll be off to appeal and all the stuff you’ve put in now will appear in the appeal papers. That makes for bigger appeal papers and a longer more stressful hearing. I doubt that’s what you’d want or need but you do need an oral hearing as a papers only one significantly reduces your chances of success.

Unless every one of those 30 documents contributes something unique, or your case is really straightforward and won before you enter, then you can guarantee that any slight contradiction between those documents will be highlighted by at least one tribunal member. Alternatively, on current form, tribunal members are getting papers as late as on the day and will have little time to digest what’s being argued. 

There are regular posts on here from people who don’t understand why their claim failed given the volume of evidence - somebody the other week literally mentioned having 260+ pieces of evidence and then complained their appeal was traumatic. Volume is not what wins. 1 focused document will often be worth 5 that all give different varieties on the same theme. 

I fully understand the impulse to try and make things water tight and impossible to refute but that isn’t really possible. Focused evidence and subnosdiins are always better than volume. 

Anyway, lets hope sense prevails and you get the 1 point at MR.
    Yes she told me if it goes to a tribunal then they will represent me not them directly but someone associated with them. Well I was doing research and came across this website and thought it was helpful so put my story forward but now feel like I’m not entitled to do so. So I won’t be commenting again. 
    Ah well, that’s the risk of going online. We all think the world agrees with us and then we find out it’s a bit more complex than that.
    Not at all everyone’s been very helpful only person who has been rude is yourself. “Thats the risk of going online” you know exactly what your doing and it’s people like you that put people off from coming onto stuff like this to ask for it. Disgraceful.
    Sorry but that's not true! Lots of people claim PIP with mental health. PIP is about how your conditions affect you and not about a diagnosis.
    Not at all everyone’s been very helpful only person who has been rude is yourself. “Thats the risk of going online” you know exactly what your doing and it’s people like you that put people off from coming onto stuff like this to ask for it. Disgraceful.
    Feel free to point out where I’ve been rude rather than factual. No swearing. No rudeness. No abuse. Blunt? Yes, absolutely. There’s an ignore button. I’ve no problem with you using it.

You’ve come on here with 2 questions. 1 about challenging the assessors report and 2 your chances of winning at MR. The answer to the former is that you could make a complaint to the assessment provider; do an MR or do both. Your adviser could have told you that if you’d asked. The answer to the latter is 17%. That’s already in the public domain and your adviser could also tell you that. 

The problem appears to be that you’ve now learnt something you possibly didn’t want to know. I’ve no desire to distress anyone and it may well work out for you but that doesn’t make anything I’ve said any less true. If you don’t think it’s helpful to point out that too much of unfocused evidence can be a bad thing feel free to get a second opinion.
    Sorry but that's not true! Lots of people claim PIP with mental health. PIP is about how your conditions affect you and not about a diagnosis.
    Must admit it’s an assertion that I despair of hearing. There’s no bias, unconscious or otherwise. All invisible impairments are an issue when the process puts the biggest emphasis on what is essentially a snap shot for which people are generally poorly prepared.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning everyone,

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted. 

Just because I have a different options dosent mean I'm wrong .thanks .everyone starts dictating in hear instead just making a helpful answer .it's like a completion were everyone starts showing off  who knows the most .I go on a cancer support group and you don't get any of this digging people out .and tryang too be little people that ask for advise !.good luck heyyuotsnotme 
    You’re quite right @littleruthie123. Having a different opinion doesn’t make anyone wrong but nor does it automatically make them right. Would you be able to provide evidence for your opinion beyond your own experience? Lived experience is always interesting and often hugely valuable but, taken in isolation, it’s one persons experience. It’s not an evidence base unless combined with other takes. Negative experience = unfair = bias is not good maths. Thus the Work and Pensions Committee took the largest number of responses in their history when it came to look at PIP. Those responses were huge; overwhelmingly negative and often distressing to read but the committee still recognised that PIP actually worked well for the overwhelming majority of people. 

I’d be genuinely interested if you have something more than your own experience to inform your take that there’s specific bias against mental ill health specifically because it’s not the experience of myself or colleagues. People with mental ill health are certainly not well served by PIP processes but in my experience far worse is dished out to people with learning disabilities; neurological conditions and sensory impairments. Even as bad as those are, I don’t see bias there either. Just hopelessly inadequate processes across the board. 

In offering my opinion I’m falling back on 32 years experience working across the voluntary sector; the NHS; educational and local authority settings with a huge range of impairments, illnesses and disabilities. I’ve also worked across the move from Attendance and Mobility Allowance through DLA and now to PIP so I’ve seen multiple ideas and processes at work. PIP actually does some things way better than DLA for example but any sensible discussion tends to get drowned out by other factors. 
    Morning everyone,

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted. 

Thank you but I don’t feel I’m able to post here or get the support I have seen others get. Can you please tell me how I delete my account or a number to call to do it for me? I’d be ever so grateful. 
    Wow Mike huges stop commenting on my posts !!.and once again trying too call me out thank you !!.!!!.yes ur an adviser and you comment on stuff all day long .I haven't asked for your opinion again!!.
    Wow Mike huges stop commenting on my posts !!.and once again trying too call me out thank you !!.!!!.yes ur an adviser and you comment on stuff all day long .I haven't asked for your opinion again!!.
    Yes he’s very rude. No one has disagreed with him but he’s hell bent on trying to make people feel like there not allowed to be on here. I don’t mind someone being blunt but manners cost nothing along with respect. X
    Thanks but I’m not “hell bent” on anything bar perhaps accurate information. If you don’t want that then that’s your call. If you don’t wish someone to comment on what you post on a public forum then your options would appear to be to either not post on a public forum or to use the ignore button. Being able to express an unsubstantiated view is fine. That’s the joy of the Internet. Expecting others to not comment is a tad unrealistic though.
    Anyone can post what they like after all we are here to help each other. I took on board what you said but end of the day you don’t know my full situation of what’s wrong with me or how it effects my daily life nor am I going to go into it. Thanks for your comments 👍🏽
    Little note to all you lovely people out there who is truely suffering with disabilities and having to go through fighting for what you are truely entitled too....

Do it!! I have just received my MR decision 10 weeks after it was sent and the decision has been made in my favour. 

I was looking for 1 extra point on my daily living to take me from standard to enhanced as my daughter (13) does my cooking and has to cut up food for me and sort out my medication as I have an aid (splits on fingers) I wasn’t awarded the correct points and none of my mental health was taken into consideration. It’s came back that I still only qualify for standard daily living but I have now been awarded 10 extra points on mobility and gone from standard to enhanced. 

I still believe that I should be entitled to that extra point for daily living but the thought of going to court terrifies me. They know that as I submitted a letter from a court stating due to my health I couldn’t go to give evidence (a previous domestic abuse case) and they felt the need to remind me of this in the decision bit of my award letter. 

Im happy with what I have been awarded and now seeing a CPN since sending away my MR. I’m not sure who made the decision as it doesn’t state what profession the decision maker is also not sure if they have followed correct regulations (I don’t think they have) 

If you believe the award is wrong please fight it. Good luck to you all. Thank you to those who supported me though this stressful time X
Sign in or join us to comment.