PIP MR HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR HELP

heyyouitsme
heyyouitsme Community member Posts: 33 Connected
Hello everyone I’m new to the site ??‍♀️

Im looking for some information and reassurance. I was on DLA for 5 years on low mobility and low care. I never appealed it as I was scared I’d loose it. Anyways PIP has now taken over so I went to money matters to fill in my form. 

I have a lot of different physical health problems and well as well as mental health. I submitted my physical health paperwork and assumed they would contact the relevant people for my mental health. (They never) 

I got told to attend the assessment. I called and explained I can’t leave the house and was told because my form says I’m aggressive I had to attend. I questioned this as I’m not aggressive though I do get adgitated when too much is going on and I can’t cope. I was told it would be pointless to try and get a visit as it would be rejected. I was then told I couldn’t take my 1 year old with me as she wasn’t allowed in the room. There’s only one person who knows my needs and how to help me communicate but I couldn’t bring him as he had to watch my daughter. I explained again that I couldn’t come on my own and was told that if I didn’t turn up I wouldn’t get my claim processed. 

I turned up on the day, myself with a Taxi that was prebooked as I can’t get on public transport. I spent most of my time in the toilet hiding then hid round the corner of the screens to avoid contact and other people in the waiting room seeing me. I went from the waiting room to the assessment room and stopped 4 times. I apologised for walking so slow and explained I’d had a fall down the stairs. When I got into the room she questioned me about this again and I showed her a massive bruise I had on my hip. None of this was mentioned in the report I looked well groomed not tired and well.  Through the assessment I couldn’t answer questions correctly so I got upset and cried through most of it. I was coaxed onto answering questions that was arevelent. I explained I don’t leave the house unless for appointments I have got on public transport since 2013. None of this was mentioned. I was asked if I Drive I say no. Have you ever driven i said no then I was asked if I’ve ever taken driving lessons I said yes 12 years ago. It was then written down I take driving lessons. All though the assessment I couldn’t understand why my mental health wasn’t asked about. I wasn’t asked how my other conditions effected me either. She asked about my tablets I get and I gave her my medical summery from my Drs. She failed to take this from me and I didn’t realise till I got home and my uncle told me she need that as it’s evidence. He called dwp and was told I need to send it in. £7.35 next day delivery it cost me. My uncle also requested her report which is why I know what is in it. Needless to say when the report came I was shocked and disguated at what was stated. Another call was made and I was told someone would call me to discuss this before a decision was made but again I haven’t heard anything and have now had my offer. 

Shockinly I was expecting nothing BUT I was awarded 11 points for daily living and 8 for care. I’m very pleased but also angry that my mental health hasn’t been taken into consideration. I contacted money matters who told me I was 1 point away from enhanced rate which made me worse. I didn’t feel I could appeal it as I was told I could loose everything. It’s been on my mind for the last 4 days making me ill as I know I have these issues and surely I’m entitled to those extra points so... I’ve decided to send the MR as suggested by money matters. 

I have 2 questions:
1- What do I do to challange the assessors report and then not following it up and her twisting and not writing a true assessment? 
2- I currently have over 30 bits of paper regarding new evidence that I didn’t know I needed as it wasn’t explained at the time. I’m still awaiting letters from my physiologist, woman’s aid and another organisation. What are my chances of winning this without having to appeal and go to a tribunal? I have actually included pictures of the day I attended the assement of my bruises and also a letter from a procurator fiscal stating that due to medical issues I can give evidence at my local court rather than one mines away and give via video link and a 1 hr call before I’ve to give evidence (this is to save communicating with other people in the court) I have also included letters where my physciritist has said I have conguative and other issues where the nurse that assessed me said that I had nothing and was able to communicate fine.

I haven’t put my MR forward yet as I’m terrified but want to know my chances or any advice before I make myself more ill that it’s alrwady making me. Sorry for my massive essay I’ll give your eyes a rest now but any help or experiences would be grate. Thank you all for taking your time to help me. 

Comments

• heyyouitsme
    Appolagises for spelling mistakes ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    You can put your m r forward like myself but in my opinion they never change  
    The decision but I would forward it anyway because if you don't you cant go to 
    A tribunal until you get the decision of the m r 
  • heyyouitsme
    Surely with medical evidence they can’t knock back the one point... can they? I’ve got 10 new medical evidence and 4 supporting letters from organisations. Have you been knocked back at your MR? X
  • heyyouitsme
    Hi,
    my MR was successful. So I’m just trying to point out that there are positive outcomes as well.
    but they will look at the whole award again so make sure you have a strong enough reward to start with.
    then there is little chance of you loosing what you already have.
    Yes I got 11 for daily living tho they have awarded me for aids coz I said I have them but I can’t actually use them my daughter is left cutting up my dinner and preparing food ect so really that in itself should be 2 extra points. They haven’t taken into account my medical health at all but I didn’t supply evidence of that which I’m now doing with proves the assessor is wrong with her findings. I’m terrifed I really am. 

Well done on getting what is rightfully yours. I hope it wasn’t too stressful for you. Did you submit new evidence when you done yours? X
  • heyyouitsme
    Can anyone else please help My anxiety is through the roof. 
  • heyyouitsme
    Why doesn’t anyone post? Does anyone have a contact number for someone who can help me? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Just stay calm the assessment is half an hour it takes them 4 weeks to send you 
    The decision 
  • [Deleted User]
    My mistake I'm waiting for my m r it will be 2 months on the 20th if I don't hear 
    By then I will be on to them 
  • heyyouitsme
    Hi , I have an offer for you, can you work at home and earn money for receiving gift items from donors?
    If I could work I wouldn’t be trying to claim PIP for being unable to work. Why would you say that to someone especially at this time?
  • heyyouitsme
    jim1074 said:
    My mistake I'm waiting for my m r it will be 2 months on the 20th if I don't hear 
    By then I will be on to them 
    Yeah I have been for my assessment Jim I didn’t think it went well but I got an offer from them. The assessors report isn’t a true reflection so I’m going to appeal it. Do you get paid or does it get backdated 
  • [Deleted User]
    If you don't get the decision after the m r then you appeal and wait to go to the tribunal if you win they have to backdate it to the date you first claimed 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I went to m r then appeal then tribunal it took 8 months and its goung to be backdated. Good luck
  • heyyouitsme
    I went to m r then appeal then tribunal it took 8 months and its goung to be backdated. Good luck
    What do you think my chances are with my situation of it being accepted xx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I have no idea
  • heyyouitsme
    Okay thank you x
  • heyyouitsme
    Does anyone else have an advice? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Less than 20% of MR decisions are successful, so it's highly likely that you will need to take it to a Tribunal if you want to fight this decision. I know that's not what you want to hear but if i told you anything different i'd be lying.

Please try to calm down, you've had a lot of advice and there's no other advice anyone can give you. You need to wait for the MR decision and there's no timescales. They can take as long as they want to take.

Not sending in the relevant evidence before your assessment didn't help your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. It's not unusual for the HCPs not to accept evidence on the day of the assessment. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • heyyouitsme
    Hi,

Less than 20% of MR decisions are successful, so it's highly likely that you will need to take it to a Tribunal if you want to fight this decision. I know that's not what you want to hear but if i told you anything different i'd be lying.

Please try to calm down, you've had a lot of advice and there's no other advice anyone can give you. You need to wait for the MR decision and there's no timescales. They can take as long as they want to take.

Not sending in the relevant evidence before your assessment didn't help your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. It's not unusual for the HCPs not to accept evidence on the day of the assessment. Good luck.
    Aww thank you Poppy123456 I wasn’t told any of this. I have problems concentrating and understanding but no one told me I had to send in my mental health paperwork. At the time I never actually had any but currently sitting with over 30 bits of new evidence. I’ve only been told I’m 1 point of enhanced and it’s worth fighting for though I could loose all my points. So it’s really left me in Limbo but I’ve not been able to shake it off as my mental health hasn’t been taken into consideration at all. I’m hoping now I have paperwork from the relevant people it will help. Thank you for getting back to me with that info I really appreciate your help.   X
  • heyyouitsme
    Handing my paperwork in tomoz. Do I need to sign anything? Xx
  • Girlhappy
    Girlhappy Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Why not go to your local job centre with your paperwork, as they usually have a disability advisor there. they should be able to advice you and they might even send the paperwork for you. it's worth a try.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.