Living with a learning disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living with a learning disability

Options
Alex
Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
Do you have a learning disability?

A journalist at the Metro is preparing a feature on Learning Disability Week next week.  She wondered if anyone would like to speak to her about what it’s like living with a learning disability.

If so, please email Bernie.Fennerty@scope.org.uk

Comments

• Kellans38
    Kellans38 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi wouldn't mind speaking about what my life been like living with learning disabilities and how it's been hard 4 many of years with three children what have disability with learning and still not having it gd and my kids r now grown up and one has mental health issues and I fighting different people trying 2 get a voice 4 her and had no choice last year it came to a point I had 2 beg them 2 give me rest bite with me having heart attack and died I have  so much more of what am still trying to get a voice but can't and it not right when I no if I could get what happening stop as it's hard when it's not done in write and I no what happening is wrong and and 2 do what doing 2 me and my family is really makes me so upset because I try ed everything 2 get a voice and never onces been listen 2 wouldn't be happening oh happened if I could get my voice put that why so much has and is happening 2 me because I can't get it stop but years of trying and getting it from very one in local authorities that u think r here 2 help and support and keep us safe but not in my case it's not been hurts me because of what happened and still is how anyone could put someone through what I have and and my kids through it feels like I done something wrong 4 all this that happened and is all I wanted 2 get help not 2 get things done 2 me and my kids life been he'll 4 many of years and bad things gone on and happened  done no why seem because I have learning disabilities and can't put it down on paper it's going on 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.