Hi, my name is jogger54! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jogger54!

jogger54
jogger54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I'm new here, I suffer from anxiety, agoraphobia, depression and panic attacks.
I've suffered with these demons for over 20 years and Im really not sure how much more that I can take.
My gp has put me on all the usual medications, Diazepam, pregablin, propranolol and Busperone.
Absolutely nothing seems to work for me and to be honest I can't see a future for myself!
I am a 54 year old man and really feel like calling it a day, after being cheated out of twenty plus years of my life,I've no fight left, and as I've said I have no future, i am so tired of fighting this nightmare.

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @jogger54, welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are struggling. I hope we can support you with what you're going through.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

Take care.

• jogger54
    jogger54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your reply, I'm ok for now.
    I would like to know if anyone else has had these problems and beaten them or at least made them become more barrable.
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated by myself and family.
    If I could just get the better of my agoraphobia I'm sure that I could kick on from there, but it's just so terrifying.
    Even when I've been forced to go out hospital etc, I have to lay on the floor between the front and passenger seats with a coat over my head.

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jogger54 and a very warm welcome to the community. So very sorry to hear that you are experiencing such difficulties.
    I have suffered from depression and anxiety since I was a child, and went through a period of severe panic attacks around the time of my daughter's death, but it is clear that you are suffering far more severely than I was.
    If it would help at all to chat, I'm here. I've had to be absent a few days up to now, but will try to be here more.
    The only medication that has seriously helped me is Citalopram. Might be worth asking your GP if it might be any use to you.
    Please stay in touch,
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.