Pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip claim

hannahnicole827597 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I just had my face to face assessment for pip yesterday and wondered how long it takes to get a decision?  Thanks in advance for answering x


  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering

    A very warm welcome.

    I would allow about six weeks for a decision letter.

    But leave it two weeks and then contact DWP for a copy of the assessment report.

    You will be able to see what points you scored on each activity.

    Keep us informed.

    Best wishes.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    I phoned DWP the day after my assessment to ask for a copy of my assessment report and it arrived 10 days later.  Decision letter arrived about two weeks after assessment but waits usually are longer now.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Member Posts: 490 Pioneering
    Do we ring the dwp or capita for assessors report please?.also if u have extra information who do I send it in too plz?
  • PolPol
    PolPol Member Posts: 7 Connected
    edited June 2018
    You can ring DWP for a copy of the assessor report a few days after the assessment. But it's not official until the decision maker decides and you receive award letter.

    Mostly they agree with the report, but just be aware sometimes they can disagree and may award differently.
  • hannahnicole827597
    hannahnicole827597 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ok thank you everyone.
  • michfinch
    michfinch Member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    I have just had my Reconsideration Meeting as I was turned down initially but I got my local MP involved and Epileptics are being reconsidered as the Government don’t know how to deal with the illness under PIP Guidelines...,


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.