Pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip claim

Options
hannahnicole827597
hannahnicole827597 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I just had my face to face assessment for pip yesterday and wondered how long it takes to get a decision?  Thanks in advance for answering x

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi

A very warm welcome.

I would allow about six weeks for a decision letter.

But leave it two weeks and then contact DWP for a copy of the assessment report.

You will be able to see what points you scored on each activity.

Keep us informed.

Best wishes.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I phoned DWP the day after my assessment to ask for a copy of my assessment report and it arrived 10 days later.  Decision letter arrived about two weeks after assessment but waits usually are longer now.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options
    Do we ring the dwp or capita for assessors report please?.also if u have extra information who do I send it in too plz?
  • PolPol
    PolPol Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You can ring DWP for a copy of the assessor report a few days after the assessment. But it's not official until the decision maker decides and you receive award letter.

Mostly they agree with the report, but just be aware sometimes they can disagree and may award differently.
  • hannahnicole827597
    hannahnicole827597 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Ok thank you everyone.
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    I have just had my Reconsideration Meeting as I was turned down initially but I got my local MP involved and Epileptics are being reconsidered as the Government don’t know how to deal with the illness under PIP Guidelines...,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.