Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My life is falling apart. Thinking of seeing a therapist.
My life has been on a downward spiral since my parents got divorced last year. Now I’m falling behind from my studies, my dad is never around when I need him, and my brother has been too preoccupied with all the international brides dating events he’s been going to. I feel alienated from my friends at school and I have no one to talk to. I don’t want to go to the school guidance counselor, so I was thinking of scheduling an appointment with a therapist. Should I go for it? I want to make sure it’s going to be worth it.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.