Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Mandatory decision refusal
hi everyone my name is Leanne and I was diagnosed 5 years ago with fibro, cfs and anxiety and depression, I hurt my back about 9 years ago so that’s also a daily struggle, I applied for pip back in fe this year to be refused and ask for a mandatory decision, I got a letter from my gp who confirmed my symptoms problems and medication it was a fantastic letter but it wasn’t even touched in the description that the descion outlined, everything I said in my one to one barely any of it has been discussed and when I received the letter today I experienced my first ever anxierty attack and no I have to face a tribunal for my next appeal step I’m worried it’s going to happen again, can anyone let me know what happens at this tribunal from their experience please
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 771 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.