PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

finding advise and the right way forward

sue1965sue1965 Member Posts: 26 Connected
just reading some of the posts and some suggested asking your doctor for letters of support. My doctor totally refused this as it was against surgerys policy. I also emailed my MP, her reply was she couldn`t get involved as she had nothing to do with benefits/tribunals. Then gave me contact nos for higher tribunal-which I already had! Hope you all have better luck. God bless

Replies

  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    They just ignore everything even if you had got them all they go on is their assessor who's paid to tell lies the tribunal would not have ignored them so they would have helped at the tribunal 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,297 Disability Gamechanger
    @jim1074, why do you keep proclaiming that accessors are paid to tell lies? You have no prove of this it's not in their contract of employment. Just because people have had wrong evidence recorded written at accessments. Many people have honest accessments with the right award being given. Maybe others go unprepared without surporting evidence or worst don't give an honest view of the disability they suffer from.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    @wilko well said and totally agree! jim does post a lot of negative comments on a lot of threads. Not great for others reading his comments that are applying first time, going through a review, MR or Tribunal.

    What a lot of people don't realise is that lots of people are successfully awarded PIP without MR or Tribunal. Lots of people also have good assessment reports BUT no one hears of their stories because they have no questions to ask.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Wilko you and poppy are living in dreamland how do I know I have got 12;years experience of it that's how I know 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    jim1074 said:
    Wilko you and poppy are living in dreamland how do I know I have got 12;years experience of it that's how I know 
    I've never had a bad assessment report for PIP or ESA! I'm not living in dreamland, thanks! Your posts are full of negativity and always have been! Scaring those that need the support, is not the way to be.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Well ye must be the only one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    I'm just telling the truth don't want to give them false hope when I know what's going to happen 
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    wilko said:
    @jim1074, why do you keep proclaiming that accessors are paid to tell lies? You have no prove of this it's not in their contract of employment. Just because people have had wrong evidence recorded written at accessments. Many people have honest accessments with the right award being given. Maybe others go unprepared without surporting evidence or worst don't give an honest view of the disability they suffer from.
    Let's put it this way. You send in a couple of reports from your psychiatrist pretty much saying that you have difficulties with life. Then you submit a Social Services report that confirms what the Psychiatrist has said and then you send in a copy of a report completed by a DWP doctor after claiming another disability benefit who agrees that you have lost at least 40% of mental function and consequently you are awarded the benefit for life.

    None of the above actually matters because the assessor in her report to the DWP states that you don't have any mental health issues because you did not rock in the chair, you looked at the assessor and did not sweat etc etc 

    Who has it wrong?
  • sue1965sue1965 Member Posts: 26 Connected
    When I had my assessment she didn`t listen to what I said, and when I received my report a lot of it was twisted/ignored/taken out of context, this affected my PIP as I lost enhanced care and mobility. However, my brother has had to swap from DLA to PIP. Our local advice centre helped us fill in the forms. The assessment officer was lovely, which was what I worried about as my brother has a number of disabilities. She was very kind and understanding towards us. The report we had from her was very accurate and he was awarded enhanced both care and mobility. Perhaps some are more understanding than others? Or more consientious?
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,297 Disability Gamechanger
    Sue1965, you had a good, great well deserved result from your acessment, I did also got the award I expected both times. jim1074 comes across as someone who has a chip on his shoulder, maybe hopefully as Jim is able to respond to the comments that he posts, his condition was and is rightly accessed at the acessment by the  acessor and that's what bugs Jim to claim the acessor are paid to lie. Utter rubbish.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    sue1965 said:
    When I had my assessment she didn`t listen to what I said, and when I received my report a lot of it was twisted/ignored/taken out of context, this affected my PIP as I lost enhanced care and mobility. However, my brother has had to swap from DLA to PIP. Our local advice centre helped us fill in the forms. The assessment officer was lovely, which was what I worried about as my brother has a number of disabilities. She was very kind and understanding towards us. The report we had from her was very accurate and he was awarded enhanced both care and mobility. Perhaps some are more understanding than others? Or more consientious?
    Yes indeed there are some honest HCPs out there and there are lots of people that are awarded without any problems, we just rarely hear about them. Jim is just a very angry person in most of what he posts.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.