finding advise and the right way forward — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

finding advise and the right way forward

Options
sue1965
sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
just reading some of the posts and some suggested asking your doctor for letters of support. My doctor totally refused this as it was against surgerys policy. I also emailed my MP, her reply was she couldn`t get involved as she had nothing to do with benefits/tribunals. Then gave me contact nos for higher tribunal-which I already had! Hope you all have better luck. God bless

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Options
    They just ignore everything even if you had got them all they go on is their assessor who's paid to tell lies the tribunal would not have ignored them so they would have helped at the tribunal 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @jim1074, why do you keep proclaiming that accessors are paid to tell lies? You have no prove of this it's not in their contract of employment. Just because people have had wrong evidence recorded written at accessments. Many people have honest accessments with the right award being given. Maybe others go unprepared without surporting evidence or worst don't give an honest view of the disability they suffer from.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wilko well said and totally agree! jim does post a lot of negative comments on a lot of threads. Not great for others reading his comments that are applying first time, going through a review, MR or Tribunal.

What a lot of people don't realise is that lots of people are successfully awarded PIP without MR or Tribunal. Lots of people also have good assessment reports BUT no one hears of their stories because they have no questions to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wilko you and poppy are living in dreamland how do I know I have got 12;years experience of it that's how I know 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jim1074 said:
    Wilko you and poppy are living in dreamland how do I know I have got 12;years experience of it that's how I know 
    I've never had a bad assessment report for PIP or ESA! I'm not living in dreamland, thanks! Your posts are full of negativity and always have been! Scaring those that need the support, is not the way to be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well ye must be the only one
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm just telling the truth don't want to give them false hope when I know what's going to happen 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wilko said:
    @jim1074, why do you keep proclaiming that accessors are paid to tell lies? You have no prove of this it's not in their contract of employment. Just because people have had wrong evidence recorded written at accessments. Many people have honest accessments with the right award being given. Maybe others go unprepared without surporting evidence or worst don't give an honest view of the disability they suffer from.
    Let's put it this way. You send in a couple of reports from your psychiatrist pretty much saying that you have difficulties with life. Then you submit a Social Services report that confirms what the Psychiatrist has said and then you send in a copy of a report completed by a DWP doctor after claiming another disability benefit who agrees that you have lost at least 40% of mental function and consequently you are awarded the benefit for life.

None of the above actually matters because the assessor in her report to the DWP states that you don't have any mental health issues because you did not rock in the chair, you looked at the assessor and did not sweat etc etc 

Who has it wrong?
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    When I had my assessment she didn`t listen to what I said, and when I received my report a lot of it was twisted/ignored/taken out of context, this affected my PIP as I lost enhanced care and mobility. However, my brother has had to swap from DLA to PIP. Our local advice centre helped us fill in the forms. The assessment officer was lovely, which was what I worried about as my brother has a number of disabilities. She was very kind and understanding towards us. The report we had from her was very accurate and he was awarded enhanced both care and mobility. Perhaps some are more understanding than others? Or more consientious?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sue1965, you had a good, great well deserved result from your acessment, I did also got the award I expected both times. jim1074 comes across as someone who has a chip on his shoulder, maybe hopefully as Jim is able to respond to the comments that he posts, his condition was and is rightly accessed at the acessment by the  acessor and that's what bugs Jim to claim the acessor are paid to lie. Utter rubbish.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sue1965 said:
    When I had my assessment she didn`t listen to what I said, and when I received my report a lot of it was twisted/ignored/taken out of context, this affected my PIP as I lost enhanced care and mobility. However, my brother has had to swap from DLA to PIP. Our local advice centre helped us fill in the forms. The assessment officer was lovely, which was what I worried about as my brother has a number of disabilities. She was very kind and understanding towards us. The report we had from her was very accurate and he was awarded enhanced both care and mobility. Perhaps some are more understanding than others? Or more consientious?
    Yes indeed there are some honest HCPs out there and there are lots of people that are awarded without any problems, we just rarely hear about them. Jim is just a very angry person in most of what he posts.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.