ESA stopped - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA stopped

2»

Comments

• dkb123
    dkb123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 166 Pioneering
    £73 plus £36.55 =£109,65  so it is Income related not contribution based 
    It says no income will be taken off my ESA because i am in the support group the amounts relate to 16 jan to 9 april , 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    That's Contributions based not income related. Your partner working doesn't affect CB benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dkb123
    thanks , but the income does matter to the Housing Benefit claim , or is Contribution based a passport benefit  
  • poppy123456
    Housing benefit is completely different and is a means tested benefit. Your partners income will affect the amount you can claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dkb123
    I have received a second letter frpm DWP complaints and correspondence team ,they apologise for the mishandling of my case and the upshot of it ,is £36.18 back interest from 9/4/13 to 25/5/18 and an offer of £150 . 
    Should I go to ICE and the ombudsman or except the offer 
  • poppy123456
    Only you can decide whether or not to accept the compensation offer.
  • dkb123
    i was hoping that someone on this board had a similar situation and if they went for a higher offer 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.