To begin. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To begin.

Options
aashworth81
aashworth81 Community member Posts: 11 Listener

Hello, my name is Alex Ashworth. I am 37 years old and I live in Preston with my wife of 8 years. I suffer with two mental health conditions, schizophrenia and depression of which I take daily medication. My conditions are controlled by a sensible lifestyle, appropriate medication and a reduction of stress. If something goes wrong in my life my mental  health takes a temporary downward turn but I know the correct methods to get back on track. Recently my mum was diagnosed with MND which I have mentioned in a previous discussion. Surprisingly I have been ok about this as I love my mum and see beyond her disability. I work as a part time gardener in the Preston area and this aides my mental health as am giving something back to the community and restoring my mind as I work. I also spend a considerable amount of time writing blogs which gives me immeasurable peace of mind. I'd love to chat and connect with others who have a similar life.

Alex.

x

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.