Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

To begin.

aashworth81aashworth81 Member Posts: 11 Listener

Hello, my name is Alex Ashworth. I am 37 years old and I live in Preston with my wife of 8 years. I suffer with two mental health conditions, schizophrenia and depression of which I take daily medication. My conditions are controlled by a sensible lifestyle, appropriate medication and a reduction of stress. If something goes wrong in my life my mental  health takes a temporary downward turn but I know the correct methods to get back on track. Recently my mum was diagnosed with MND which I have mentioned in a previous discussion. Surprisingly I have been ok about this as I love my mum and see beyond her disability. I work as a part time gardener in the Preston area and this aides my mental health as am giving something back to the community and restoring my mind as I work. I also spend a considerable amount of time writing blogs which gives me immeasurable peace of mind. I'd love to chat and connect with others who have a similar life.

Alex.

x

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.