Unexpected letter- "we need to look at your claim" - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unexpected letter- "we need to look at your claim"

Options
1235»

Comments

• benson16
    benson16 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you poppy. I telephoned the call centre just this morning and was told it could be another 3 months. It's been 14 weeks now. Very confusing. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    benson16 said:
    Thank you poppy. I telephoned the call centre just this morning and was told it could be another 3 months. It's been 14 weeks now. Very confusing. 
    Yes backlogs are huge because of the IB to ESA underpayments, that timescale doesn't surprise me but it's just a guide because there really is no timescales for any decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • benson16
    Options
    That seems very unfair and what organisation doesn't give timescales on decisions in 2019? It's like being punished after already being punished. For being unwell in the first place then underpaid and now told to wait while the government take as long as they want.leaving the unfortunate to carry on living in limbo waiting for something we should of had in the first place. Perplexed doesn't quite sum it up. But thanks again poppy I appreciate your information 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about backlogs. There's 1000's of people that were transferred across, not just a few.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    benson16benson16

Unfortunately there aren't any statutory targets for this work, as with everything the DWP does, but obviously the longer the delay, the longer you are losing out - and so you could complain.

The DWP say that they aim to contact everyone affected by December 2019. They publish updates on this exercise every few months (the latest was in July 2019 & the next will be in October)

We don't know the average wait between being contacted & a decision, but we do know that in July 2019, of the 460,000 people who had been contacted at that stage, nearly 90,000 were still waiting for a decision. So it's very clear that it is slow progress.

You can see more information here.

I've looked to see if anyone has asked a question in the House of Commons or via Freedom of Information on the average wait, but haven't found anything. 

If you've lost out in other ways (for example, having to pay for prescriptions), then it may be worth a complaint in any case.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• benson16
    Options
    You would think they would be working around the clock to rectify the mistakes they made. Obviously the figure of 1200 staff wasnt enough to get this resolved swiftly. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.