PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Let’s hear some success stories!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
So some of us are newly applying for PIP and some of us are having to transfer over from DLA - there’s got to be some successful stories and I think they need sharing more to give other people hope :)

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    Both lovely positive outcomes x
  • oldngrumpyoldngrumpy Member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Nice to read some good news from contesting DWP decision.
    I am contesting my Mobility Award.
    I've gone from full DLA lifetime award to lower mobility, to be reviewed in three years time.
    @Castleford1 how did you know yours was paper based and how long did it take? I’m hoping for a paper based decision from DLA to PIP xx
  • stapeleystapeley Member Posts: 6 Listener
    You really have to read their own descriptors and use them in your replies , if you stick to it and not get side tracked its hard for them to deny you . Got put in support group of ESA . will use same tactics for PIP claim .

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    niknoo said:
    @Castleford1 how did you know yours was paper based and how long did it take? I’m hoping for a paper based decision from DLA to PIP xx
    If you have a paper based assessment then you'll know because you wouldn't have been to a face 2 face assessment.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Lovely positive answer and outcome @debsidoo
  • yingtongyingtong Member Posts: 37 Pioneering
    I transferred from DLA to PIP a year ago without any problems whatsoever.I had ATOS assessor who was a paramedic,at home,it lasted about 40 minutes,he was kind and considerate.I was awarded enhanced in both elements and my review wouldn't be until 2027.Age UK filled my PIP application forms in.
    Lovely to hear all these stories, especially regarding nice assessments! Keep them coming. Xx
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    My f2f in October last year was actually ok,

assessor was politie and spoke to my friend more than me as I couldn’t talk very well, anxiety.

she said numerous time I can appeal which gave me an idea of the outcome. She said some of my issues physically and mentally didn’t fit the deciphers so to appeal.

she was honest and I did appeal and won.

I don’t blame her in the slightest as they have certain questions to ask.

It really does help as it can be all
    doom and gloom, so heating other peoples good experiences give other people hope. Xx
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    niknoo said:
    It really does help as it can be all
    doom and gloom, so heating other peoples good experiences give other people hope. Xx
    The statistics clearly show that for the vast majority of PIP claimants they receive the correct award first time. It is only a minority that have difficulties.
    So in a way you can disregard those in the minority group.

However you have to look at the system and try to find out why do the minority have problems with all of their claims, whilst the majority sail through them?

It should be an equal and level playing field for everyone and should not be decided on knowledge of PIP, lack of evidence as well as obtaining quality welfare advice and help. To me it is a two tier system.
    @Yadnad I absolutely agree with you but I done this post so people can share their positive experiences to help ease the minds of other people, whilst I’m fully aware that the outcomes differ for everyone - it’s nice to hear that some people are getting the right awards first time round with no issues. Xx
  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi

My DLA to PIP assessment was done by an OT.

It took 60 minutes and it was carried in a kind friendly way.

The lady could see I was struggling to answer questions, asked my wife them.

At the end I had some reports to give and she asked my wife to get them copied, at the desk, so she could read them.

We left the room and asked my wife to get me to car, before getting the copies.

The assessor was by the front office, when my wife met her.

The assessor asked how I was, to which my wife saiid I was exhausted and wanted to get home.

The kind lady said she sorry that the assessment had caused problems, "but not to worry about anything " .

I got enhance for both for 5 years.

Best wishes
  • Castleford1Castleford1 Member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Niknoo, I knew my daughter would be having a paper based assessment because when DWP received the application, a lady rang to ask me some questions (I am my daughters appointee).  She told me on the phone that Alison would not be having a face to face.   I asked her again as I needed to know because if there was a f2f my daughter would need an advocate (she has severe learning disabilities).  She confirmed that there would definitely not be a f2f and they would write to tell me the outcome.  Alison received enhanced on both parts for 10 years.
    @Castleford1 that’s amazing! Well done you on making sure your daughter gets the right award. Here’s hoping I get a phone call, it has been put on my PIP form that it would be traumatic for me. Xx
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 858 Pioneering
    @niknoo
    Me too had a great result first time, I had Paper Based assessment No FTF. DLA to PIP ongoing both Enhanced. As I've said to your good self when sending in any evidence make sure it's NOT marked Private or Confidential or in Confidence. Make sure it only states "To whome it may concern" otherwise it will not be passed to the DWP Decision Maker.

Also make sure it covers your functional ability that way it will have a better impact for you decision. Like it did for me.

So yes they can sometimes get it right, as I know I can rest for a time.

Good thread for members to share there experiences.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Hello @Governments_A_Joke my good friend, I got the text on Monday saying that they’d got my form, which has now sent my anxiety into overdrive, so I thought hearing other people’s good experiences might help calm my nerves and help many others in my situation. 

My form was well completed, very through! I sent off my recent mental health evaluation that has my diagnosis of BPD and complex PTSD, and how my moods can be very unstable (also covers how I suffer from very bad anxiety and depression) I sent off many recent reports from consultants and one explains that on their examination I have reduced movement in my neck (less then 50% being achieved without pain) that I also have weakness in my limbs and urinary problems, also a very good supporting letter form my doctor explaining that I find all daily activities impossible due to pain, fatigue, breathlessness, etc and I have poor mobility so I’m hoping that will help go towards a paper based decision. Fingers crossed. Xx
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    I moved from middle rate living and low mobility DLA lifetime award to pip.
    Home assessment without asking was fine although she did mark me down on the living aspect I did receive enhanced mobility.
    as I was awarded 6 points for daily care I wrote my own MR explaining why I disagreed with the decision and within 2 weeks of the letter being posted I was awarded the extra 2 points for standard care. For 3 yrs
    im extremely happy with that decision as I know atm people with epilepsy are not being treated very well when it comes to PIP.
    just hope things improve for epileptic people
    I know atm people with epilepsy are not being treated very well when it comes to PIP....just hope things improve for epileptic people
    It's not just for people with epilepsy, it is poor for all manner of mental and physical disabilities.
    Geez I am just one step away from Pancreatic Cancer and a whole range of other major problems - but the DWP doesn't believe that I can possibly have any difficulties with anything never mind the side effects of the 5 pages of medication that is keeping me alive. 
    edited July 2018
    @Yadnad I really do feel for you and you are in a bad state. I think personally you should take your situation up with your MP as you are very much suffering surrounding your illnesses and other issues you also face.

As this thread was purely setup to post positive comments.

If I was you fight for your right you seem quite intelligent to me from some of your posts I've read here.

I know it's hard to get what you feel you deserve  but fight it. Many are having difficulty within this whole process as it is me included. But please be mindful as many of us are at our wits end surrounding this Government and the DWP.

Maybe it's worth phoning scopes helpline to see if they could offer you any advice, they've helped me.

@niknoo Always welcome hun. Fingers crossed for you and you've done and sent enough in to see this process through to a Paper Based assessment.

Just a waiting game now like me with my ESA they've had my form two and a half weeks now and plenty of updated info sent with it. Hoping for PBR and exemption this time too.

Good luck xxx
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

Yes please let’s keep this post positive please! ❤️
    Good luck Niknoo.  I'm sure you will be fine.  It sounds as if you have sent them a lot of back up evidence.  I did too and I do think it helped in my daughters case.
    @Castleford1 charity that helped me fill out my form was very impressed with the factual evidence my GP very quickly helped me get, I had everything I needed within a week! I’m very lucky to be supported by such a fantastic GP :) so fingers crossed. I will keep you all updated. Xx
    Hi @Castleford1 & @niknoo

Is it worth asking people who felt the claim process went well and they were happy with the awards.

Did they get the assistance of a Welfare Rights Adviser, to assist with completing form?
    I did.
    Did they sent supporting documents, with claim form to DWP?
    I did, got these from my record at GP surgery.
     What to you think?

Best wishes
    edited July 2018
    @atlas46 sorry I don’t get what you are getting at? Fibro fog gets bad at this of the day. Do you mean you’re applying for PIP and you do the above steps? Xx
    Just asking how people prepared for their claim.

Did they get assistance, in filling form out.

Did they send supporting information with claim form.
    Ah I see, well I can’t answer for everyone else but if you read my comments above you’ll see how I prepared for my claim, I think it is beneficial for others to share their experiences. Xx
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,001 Disability Gamechanger
    Good thread. People tend to only post negative stuff online so this is nice to see. 
    @mikehughescq thank you, I felt we all needed some positivity :) 
    Very easy for me as an adviser to think that everyone needs face to face advice but it’s neither practical, realistic nor necessary in all circumstances. The reality is that advisers deal with the tip of a very big iceberg in terms of failed claims but it’s equally easy to forget that most successful claims succeed without advice input at all.

Can’t offer my own success story as yet as I’m waiting for my conversion invite but I’m on a roll in work at present. Been a while since I got anyone less than full whack PIP or AA on either an indefinite or ongoing basis. Never lasts though. 
    @mikehughescq i had no idea you’re an advisor. Do you help people with benefit claims then? xx
    Claims, challenges, representation etc... but only if you live in my work area :)

I can offer some basic advice or information pointers on here; good practice etc; or note when people really need face to face advice; correct some of the often dangerously wrong advice given out on forums but I can’t get into detailed one to one advice. 
    I wondered why you always seemed some highly informative, well thank you for all the hard worl you do for people who need kelp :) xxx
    Very kind of you to say so.
    I’ll be honest, I’ve found the whole process scary and really making me
    ill, well worse than I usually am, I’ve had DLA my entire adult life, and the thought of losing it absolutely terrifies me. So coming on here and reading success stories and gaining invaluable information from members like you has massosnlu helped. Xx
    @niknoo I thought you would have guessed our @mikehughescq is a welfare adviser, he certainly has some great knowledge that's for sure you may have seen him on rightsnet too. 

Ive found his advice very useful in the past to. I did say to him I would hire him to fight my corner if I needed it. But as he states if your not in his area he can't help us. 

Mike 
    I will move to your neck of the woods if and when I need your services. As I know what part you work lol.  Also mike I have to agree it's great to see a thread like this one I agree. I diden't realise your on DLA? You won't have any problems getting PIP your words are to clever for them. Hahaha.

To much doom and gloom we always hear.
    ⬇️

You will be amused to learn that many years ago I had to do a reconsideration to get my own DLA. I strongly suspect my PIP conversion will need to go all the way to appeal. Nature of the beast at present.
    You will be amused to learn that many years ago I had to do a reconsideration to get my own DLA. I strongly suspect my PIP conversion will need to go all the way to appeal. Nature of the beast at present.

@mikehughescq seriously, never would have thought that you would have struggled.

My little bit of free advice for you then when I transferred over from DLA last October is send in recent updated functional information.

But remember mike I couldent resist mentioning this to you. :p:p

"make sure it's NOT marked Private or Confidential or in Confidence. Make sure it only states "To whome it may concern" otherwise it will not be passed to the DWP Decision Maker"

⬇️

edited July 2018
    Should I correct the spelling of “whome”? :)

At the time I claimed I had one diagnosis; no regular contact with the medical profession and a limited understanding of the impacts. I was almost embarrassed to claim etc. As a result I did the claim form myself. It failed and when my other half looked at it with me we estimated I’d missed out around 50% of the impacts and loads of anecdotal stuff.

You may a recognise a certain massive irony there in view of what I preach on here :)

Since then I’ve had a second diagnosis, which was an accident and was like finding a piece of a jigsaw where you didn’t even know one bit was missing. That triggered multiple life changing events (mostly but not all for the good) and here we are.

I hope this explains why I express bewilderment that people on here think that advisers, disability and claimants are three different types of people and we advisers cannot possibly have insight into the daily experience. 

Suffice to say my PIP claim pack will have near zero medical evidence but will be chuck full of the anecdotal stuff. No problem on the functional front either. They’ll be getting that full on and I will be practising what I preach and both making a case for an ongoing award and declining to consent to functional assessment at my face to face. I look forward to my MR and appeal :)

Silly me @mikehughescq oh dear I added an e on the end "whom" I diden't learn well at school. :o

I was in a similar situation as yourself when I first claimed, I left it for many years and various people said you should be getting DLA I found the whole process embarrassing, but battled on and ended up with PB indef I had help with the form and the way they worded it helped.

That's the trouble as time moves on you then get parked by the NHS or your GP.
    So evidence become old lucky enough it states on my records I will only deteriorate further, I've since in the last few years been under the cosh bad with my MH and got a great support team and they know full well I'm buggered they've done some great reports all upto date for my ESA. I have six different diagnosis which all effect me functionally.

So hoping my ESA goes well and get exempted as I'm already in the SG and I fit their full criteria for it with both my mobility and MH.

So sad mike to hear the issues you have had to Face I wish you well and hope this time you get a PB instead :) of an assessment.
    ⬇️

Nah, I’ll definitely be a face to face.
    Nah, I’ll definitely be a face to face.

@mikehughescq Have a little faith my brother this is a happy thread. I suppose expect the worse and hope for the best. Let us know when it happens good luck. <3
    ⬇️

I’m a bit dim @Governments_A_Joke I just thought he was very knowledgable and maybe had claimed PIP himself? But it all makes sense now! Lol. 
    Yes at @mikehughescq, have faith. I’m sure you’ll be fine. I think the last on the PIP invites for DLA claimants are coming out fast now. I think they’re aiming to be done by Oct 18. Xx
    Ha. Thank you both but I’ll definitely be a face to face. No justification for a paper based assessment or a home visit in my case. 
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck when it comes around @[email protected]
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
    Ha. Thank you both but I’ll definitely be a face to face. No justification for a paper based assessment or a home visit in my case. 

@mikehughescq Mike your always welcome buddy :) you've helped me and many of us on here now I'm gonna help you. I would lay my life on it you will not have a Face to Face or MR, or Appeal. Be positive that's what my shrink has tried telling me. Sometimes it works but most of the time it don't.  :cold_sweat:
    ⬇️

They’ll be getting that full on and I will be practising what I preach and both making a case for an ongoing award and declining to consent to functional assessment at my face to face. I look forward to my MR and appeal :)

Would expect nothing less!

Not too sure how you can make a case for the length of the award, although I understand when you can ask the DWP for their evidence when they give the term.
    Consent? I thought that that was a no no ,if you wanted to avoid having your claim closed down due to non co-operation?
    Both my conditions are genetic and therefore lifelong. I’ve done all the “adapting” to those conditions I’m ever going to do and I have the aids and appliances I need. I’ve also exhausted the few treatments available and had one of the two surgeries available. The other is American. I’ve also had DLA for 9 years albeit that had I known what I know now I’d have gone for it 24 years ago. Putting that together makes for a compelling case for an ongoing award. 

Refusing a functional test carries risks but my claim pack will have a decade or more of Snellen readings plus key bits about peripheral vision from my medical records etc. They show no change over a decade. I’ll have them with me on the day of the face to face as well as the relevant page from the provider guidance about when they should consider doing a functional assessment. 

There is also the obvious point that people can make up Snellen readings (a bit like some HCPs do - heard of a case this week where a HCP gave a Snellen reading for someone completely blind!) by just denying you can read a line so it’s a wholly subjective nonsense test.
  • WaterLilyWaterLily Member Posts: 55 Courageous
    I was on mobility component of DLA. (Lifetime). 
    Applied for PIP. Was given standard rate mobility and standard rate care. 
    Just a month before the outcome, I had been given my new motability car, so that had to be returned. 
    I did an MR and was successful. Now receive high rate mobility and standard care. 
    It was very frustrating at the time having to return the motability car and purchasing our own. 
    (The motability car was returned on a Friday,then by the next Friday, I got my new award!). Great timing! 
    But all in all, I’m happy with the outcome. 
    🙂

Both my conditions are genetic and therefore lifelong. I’ve done all the “adapting” to those conditions I’m ever going to do and I have the aids and appliances I need. I’ve also exhausted the few treatments available and had one of the two surgeries available. The other is American. I’ve also had DLA for 9 years albeit that had I known what I know now I’d have gone for it 24 years ago. Putting that together makes for a compelling case for an ongoing award. 

Both  All of my conditions are genetic, life limiting and therefore lifelong. I’ve done all the “adapting” to those conditions I’m ever going to do and I have the aids and appliances I need as supplied by Social Services OT Dept.. I’ve also exhausted the few treatments available and had one of the two three major surgeries. available. The other is American. There are others only available in America. I’ve also had DLA for 9 years since 1995 along with IIDB and IB/ESA albeit that had I known what I know now I’d have gone for it 24 years ago in 1992.

Geez Mike you could have been writing about me!
    DLA was good I received an indefinite award but was assessed midway. There were no arguments about the prospect of improving - In fact the outlook is rather dismal - every ten years my life expectancy drops by 50% and that is a medical fact.

However the PIP assessor/case manager thought otherwise and decided that there will be a change for the better every 3 years.

You know what you are doing so would expect a good result for you.

Okay . its good to hear about success stories , but , people are here because they are struggling .Knowing that FRED BLOGGS  got it does not help really. Many people that deserve benefits get denied because they cant handle the system and how to  play the  game.

Please let’s not turn this post negative. 
    The purpose of this post is to reassure people that it’s not all doom and gloom as all you hear is the bad reports. It gives people hope, even though the outcome is different for everyone. Just hearing other people’s experiences that were good can calm many anxious people. 
    stapeley said:
    Okay . its good to hear about success stories , but , people are here because they are struggling .Knowing that FRED BLOGGS  got it does not help really. Many people that deserve benefits get denied because they cant handle the system and how to  play the  game.

Absolutely no evidence for that statement at all. DWP accounts have just been qualified for the 30th successive year and fraud is generally magnified because it makes a good story. Actual fraud levels are minimal and there’s no “game” to be played here. There’s a flawed process around gathering and weighing evidence. 

I would also also say it’s hugely important people hear success stories with or without detail as all the media et al is full of are the bad news bits and it’s important to know that most people do qualify without help or too much difficulty and all the talk of losing this or that and the so-called huge risk of losing what you have are hugely over-played. 

As for the starement about “deserving”! Do you really want to get into a discussion about the deserving/undeserving poor? That’s for politicians. It’s the wrong distinction to be making if you believe in the social model of disability and rights based advice. Nobody deserves disability benefits. They can evidence a right to it though. Going down the deserving/undeserving route plays into the hands who play the sick off against the poor; the disabled; immigrants etc. 

stapeley said:

I absolutely agree with you. I have voiced this myself that those who know what they are doing, those that get decent advice have a far better chance of securing a good award.
    niknoo said:
     Just hearing other people’s experiences that were good can calm many anxious people.

Are you actually being serious with that comment?

I'm far from calm after hearing how people manage to get awards and have long awards at that when they quote that they have illnesses etc that are insignificant to my own medical & mental health problems.

I would love to swap for some of these non life threatening conditions that people get awards for.

Sorry for the rant and I don't mean to insult anyone, I just don't think that hearing these positive results would make those who have failed feel calm!
    Yadnad, who are you to judge how serious other peoples illnesses are and whether they should get high awards.  I would gladly transfer my daughters enhanced care and mobility award over to you if I could.  You see she has severe learning disabilities and will need lifelong care, she is 51 and obviously will never marry and have children of her own.  I just wish she was well and I can assure you that compared to this, winning an enhanced PIP award is just peanuts.
    Yadnad said:
    stapeley said:

I absolutely agree with you. I have voiced this myself that those who know what they are doing, those that get decent advice have a far better chance of securing a good award.
    Again, no evidence for that. The vast majority of people who get awards do so in the absence of any kind of advice. 
    edited July 2018
    I went from no points 12 months ago , the assessor ignored a consultant letter.  To esa  support group !  I absolutely made sure  i stuck to within their descriptors .  Safely and within a reasonable time scale for the majority of  the time , No I can not , I repeated when asked about tasks.  
    Yadnad said:

Again, no evidence for that. The vast majority of people who get awards do so in the absence of any kind of advice. 
    I also said that they would tend to get a good award if they knew what they were doing when making and putting a claim in.
    Yadnad, who are you to judge how serious other peoples illnesses are and whether they should get high awards.  I would gladly transfer my daughters enhanced care and mobility award over to you if I could.  You see she has severe learning disabilities and will need lifelong care, she is 51 and obviously will never marry and have children of her own.  I just wish she was well and I can assure you that compared to this, winning an enhanced PIP award is just peanuts.

@Castleford1 couldent agree more with you, well said I would also be prepaired to give my PIP ongoing award away to and have a full life without lifelong illnesses and constantly worrying when I'm going to die or receive another brown envolope. If I had my own money I certainly would not be wanting what I've paid in over the years that's for sure. Likewise for you daughter to have a normal life as well.
    ⬇️

edited July 2018

As I said I did not want or intend to insult anybody.
    The point of my reply was to refute the suggestion that those who have failed in their claim or those that are awaiting a Tribunal should feel calmer when they hear of all of the success stories. 
    In a way it's like telling somebody who has only a few days left to live due to cancer that they should be calm about their predicament when being told that the guy in the next bed has just been given the all clear about his cancer diagnosis. It is and was an insensitive comment to make.  
    Well I can honestly say if I was dying of cancer I would wish another person a full return to health.   I lost my husband to cancer 12 years ago but he never complained about other people recovering from it, he was just glad for them.  I am sure most people who have been awarded PIP would gladly give it up if they could return to full health.  Time to stop the sour grapes, methinks.
    Yadnad said:
    Yadnad said:

I also said that they would tend to get a good award if they knew what they were doing when making and putting a claim in.
    But that’s also not necessarily true. Plenty of people who know all about the pitfalls of the process still fall foul of it.
    Yadnad said:
    niknoo said:
     Just hearing other people’s experiences that were good can calm many anxious people.

Are you actually being serious with that comment?

I'm far from calm after hearing how people manage to get awards and have long awards at that when they quote that they have illnesses etc that are insignificant to my own medical & mental health problems.

I would love to swap for some of these non life threatening conditions that people get awards for.

Sorry for the rant and I don't mean to insult anyone, I just don't think that hearing these positive results would make those who have failed feel calm!
    Yes I am being serious as this whole thing is scaring the hell out of me so hearing other people having success gives me hope!! 

I feek like such a burden to society, i can’t even explain how this is making my mentak health so bad. To the point I physically vomit at the thought of a assessment let alone the outcome. 
    niknoo said:

Yes I am being serious as this whole thing is scaring the hell out of me so hearing other people having success gives me hope!! 

I feek like such a burden to society, i can’t even explain how this is making my mentak health so bad. To the point I physically vomit at the thought of a assessment let alone the outcome. 
    Hope I can understand and yes it does help to carry on to a point.

But does it actually make you calm and relaxed about your future with or without PIP? That's the point.

The whole point of the post was to let people see that it’s not all bad, and people are getting awards with or without help from external agencies. 

And to give claimants hope, drawing from other people’s GOOD experiences. 

I am sorry you didn’t get the award you deserved but you’re always so negative on posts and that can be quite scary and daunting to read, perhaps off putting for many!! 

So my post wanted to achieve the exact opposite. 

I’d happily give up all benefit entitlement and go to work, to be free from physical and mental illnesses but that will never happen for me, so unfortunately unless I win the lottery, I am reliant on government support, which hopefully I will continue to get but having said that, it makes me feel like a absolute burden to society! I never asked to be born with the genetic condition I have and all the complications that  go with it that are chronic, on/going, there is no cure, nor the have the trauma in my life that’s made me have BPD/PTSD/GAD etc. 

My post was was simply trying to help other people like me, that do feel better are after reading positive outcomes as I dwell on and worry about the negatives to the point it makes me very ill. 
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    This thread is getting way off topic @niknoo started this to make a point about positive stortes.

Again certain people are negative and upsetting people.

Will you please stop and think what your writing, seriously not everyone want to hear the same **** all the time!
    So, two positive stories. 

Someone who just got AA for life on the basis of the claim pack and no supporting medical evidence. 

Someine who who just got enhanced rate daily living and mobility for an ongoing period again on the basis of the claim pack and no supporting evidence bar the HCP face to face assessment. 
    edited July 2018
    So, two positive stories. 

Someone who just got AA for life on the basis of the claim pack and no supporting medical evidence.  
    I am no longer involved in the merry go round of PIP.
    However, I find it hard to believe (but must assume it is true) that someone who is 65+ filled out the 31 page claim form on their own without help or advice submitting no evidence to support the claim that they have the condition(s) & no evidence to support the needs stated on the form and managed to get that result.

Even I could not do that and I (before the mental health problems set in)  consider myself a retired professional who used to have excellent brain function.

To prove it to myself I have just downloaded  the AA1 form and will fill it out this evening before sending it off to the DWP. 
    Correct. They did not and could not, but... list of illness/impairment was the longest I have ever encountered. I simply pulled anecdotes out of the person and got them down on paper. No fancy words; special phrases etc. Just their stories in detail.

I had no involvement in the PIP claim. Claimant did it with a friend having never done anything like it before. Thought I’d get that in before you make your inevitable point about some people having access to advice getting better results. 
    edited July 2018
    Correct. They did not and could not, but... list of illness/impairment was the longest I have ever encountered. I simply pulled anecdotes out of the person and got them down on paper. No fancy words; special phrases etc. Just their stories in detail.

I had no involvement in the PIP claim. Claimant did it with a friend having never done anything like it before. Thought I’d get that in before you make your inevitable point about some people having access to advice getting better results. 
    :*

If I started on my stories I would probably bore them to death!!
    I've left the AA1 to one side - simply haven't got the energy to complete it other than the tick boxes. It's a bit far fetched in my opinion asking how many times a day I have the various issues. Surely they don't expect me to keep a log of the toilet visits and how long I spent there along with how many baths I have, get dressed etc.It's just as bad as the time and distance I can walk for PIP.
  • worried33worried33 Member Posts: 399 Pioneering
    I know most people only seem to consider enhanced awards a success, but I am grateful for the help I get and the award I got was what I expected when I claimed so I consider mine a success story, no MR or appeal needed.

Standard daily living for 5 years.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Hello @Thebluebadger. Thank you for sharing your PIP success story with us. I'm really pleased for you! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing this with us @Thebluebadger! Welcome to the community. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you a lovely Christmas too @Thebluebadger! :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • sooze77sooze77 Member Posts: 20 Courageous
    My experience has been nothing but positive. My assessor was a lovely woman, no lies in report, very understanding. Started the process in October and in the final stages now - awaiting the final decision from the DWP. After reading so many horrible things online l was not expecting it to be like this. I would suggest people go in with an open mind. Not all assessors are ogres. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

That's great @sooze77, thanks for sharing. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    My transfer from DLA to PIP went well. But it didn't stop me worrying and getting anxious about my f2f.

Best wishes for everyone`s claim xx
Sign in or join us to comment.