Let’s hear some success stories! - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let’s hear some success stories!

124»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    So, two positive stories. 

Someone who just got AA for life on the basis of the claim pack and no supporting medical evidence.  
    I am no longer involved in the merry go round of PIP.
    However, I find it hard to believe (but must assume it is true) that someone who is 65+ filled out the 31 page claim form on their own without help or advice submitting no evidence to support the claim that they have the condition(s) & no evidence to support the needs stated on the form and managed to get that result.

Even I could not do that and I (before the mental health problems set in)  consider myself a retired professional who used to have excellent brain function.

To prove it to myself I have just downloaded  the AA1 form and will fill it out this evening before sending it off to the DWP. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Correct. They did not and could not, but... list of illness/impairment was the longest I have ever encountered. I simply pulled anecdotes out of the person and got them down on paper. No fancy words; special phrases etc. Just their stories in detail.

I had no involvement in the PIP claim. Claimant did it with a friend having never done anything like it before. Thought I’d get that in before you make your inevitable point about some people having access to advice getting better results. 
    :*

If I started on my stories I would probably bore them to death!!
    I've left the AA1 to one side - simply haven't got the energy to complete it other than the tick boxes. It's a bit far fetched in my opinion asking how many times a day I have the various issues. Surely they don't expect me to keep a log of the toilet visits and how long I spent there along with how many baths I have, get dressed etc.It's just as bad as the time and distance I can walk for PIP.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I know most people only seem to consider enhanced awards a success, but I am grateful for the help I get and the award I got was what I expected when I claimed so I consider mine a success story, no MR or appeal needed.

Standard daily living for 5 years.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @Thebluebadger. Thank you for sharing your PIP success story with us. I'm really pleased for you! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing this with us @Thebluebadger! Welcome to the community. :)
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you a lovely Christmas too @Thebluebadger! :)
    Scope

• sooze77
    sooze77 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    My experience has been nothing but positive. My assessor was a lovely woman, no lies in report, very understanding. Started the process in October and in the final stages now - awaiting the final decision from the DWP. After reading so many horrible things online l was not expecting it to be like this. I would suggest people go in with an open mind. Not all assessors are ogres. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    That's great @sooze77, thanks for sharing. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    My transfer from DLA to PIP went well. But it didn't stop me worrying and getting anxious about my f2f.

Best wishes for everyone`s claim xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.