PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

claiming pip with fibromyalgia & depression

beabeabeabea Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Help claiming pip with fybermalagra. & depression any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beabea, and a warm welcome to the community!

What stage of the process are you at, are you filling in the application form? Citizens Advice have some great online guidance for completing the different sections.
  • beabeabeabea Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi pippa I’ve just sent my form of today I already get standard rate for daily living but nothing for mobility I have suffered for a long time ime also under my doc for depression had pip for a yr so this was a review my mobility is really bad so I filled the form in as best I could so no doubt I will be haveing a face to face 
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    How long was your award?
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • SpiritualOcean65SpiritualOcean65 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    I have made a claim for fibromyalgia and depression and diverticulitis my mobility is bad and I use a stick to get around. I can't even drive my car anymore so I have to rely on others to drive me around which is only once a week
  • SpiritualOcean65SpiritualOcean65 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    My assessment was yesterday fingers crossed
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

Ring DWP at the end of the week to request a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.