claiming pip with fibromyalgia & depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

claiming pip with fibromyalgia & depression

beabea
beabea Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Help claiming pip with fybermalagra. & depression any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beabea, and a warm welcome to the community!

What stage of the process are you at, are you filling in the application form? Citizens Advice have some great online guidance for completing the different sections.
  • beabea
    beabea Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi pippa I’ve just sent my form of today I already get standard rate for daily living but nothing for mobility I have suffered for a long time ime also under my doc for depression had pip for a yr so this was a review my mobility is really bad so I filled the form in as best I could so no doubt I will be haveing a face to face 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    How long was your award?
  • SpiritualOcean65
    SpiritualOcean65 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I have made a claim for fibromyalgia and depression and diverticulitis my mobility is bad and I use a stick to get around. I can't even drive my car anymore so I have to rely on others to drive me around which is only once a week
  • SpiritualOcean65
    SpiritualOcean65 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    My assessment was yesterday fingers crossed
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

Ring DWP at the end of the week to request a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.