Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
New PVL dignosis
My Grandaughter was born at 30 weeks and yesterday at 35 weeks was diagnosed with PVL. The family is of course devastated, especially my daughter and her husband. They are in the early grieving stage, the future is unknown and frightening . I am doing my best to support them but I would appreciate any advice and encouragement you can offer. I have been telling them that they won't always feel this bad, that she will be the light of their life and will bring them so much joy.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.