Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP tribunal waiting times Birmingham
I have been waiting 34 weeks now for a hearing. It’s completely impacted me that iv been unable to go to my medical appointments due to financial restraints. Iv also been taken to court for council tax as I just can’t manage without the help. I have written to the judge but the assessment Center hasn’t forwarded my letter. This is my third claim to PIP for multiple health problems including fibromyalgia auto immune disease and server anxiety disorder. I have won the last two. The tribunal advised pip can change the decision at anytime but PIP said they can’t. I know this is a fact they can but the manager of my pip Center has a letter or complaint of me a few years back now I had nasty and personal remarks added to the decision notices that have nothing to do with PIP. She also rang me five times when I sent my review form to ask me to make a new claim instead? . I don’t know what’s happening but it sending me serverly depressed. I have had my own business and worked all my life paying my tax’s into the system. Since been ill I cannot understand why the government are penalising the sick and wounder if any bodies knows if there’s a organisation that is really fighting this. The excuse of waiting times surly isn’t acceptable? Clearly it’s a massive Government failure to those that need it most why is this still continuing. And what help is there for people?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.