Pip review form evidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review form evidence

shazier
shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, Can I please ask for further advice on my pip form. The review for is the tick box easier-the same or harder. With still grieving very badly over my sons death i really cant find the strengh to concentrate on filling forms out. Im in a really bad place and im suffering with my anxiety and depression really bad. I believe that the  DWP look at your previous form for evidence on how your conditions affect you. I was awarded the enhanced rate in 2015 on both my physical and mental health. the care i receive has not changed nor has my condiotion apart from the new diagnoses last yr  of ischaemic heart disease. I still have a copy of all the evidence that was sent in by my care who i my daaughter and gp letter which states my conditons. could i make another copy of these and send them in with this new form? if my daughter writes new notes there going to same the same anyway. also, would my medical assesment from atos  be useful as evidence?
thank you for any advise in advance 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    shazier said:
    Hi all, Can I please ask for further advice on my pip form. The review for is the tick box easier-the same or harder. With still grieving very badly over my sons death i really cant find the strengh to concentrate on filling forms out. Im in a really bad place and im suffering with my anxiety and depression really bad. I believe that the  DWP look at your previous form for evidence on how your conditions affect you. I was awarded the enhanced rate in 2015 on both my physical and mental health. the care i receive has not changed nor has my condiotion apart from the new diagnoses last yr  of ischaemic heart disease. I still have a copy of all the evidence that was sent in by my care who i my daaughter and gp letter which states my conditons. could i make another copy of these and send them in with this new form? if my daughter writes new notes there going to same the same anyway. also, would my medical assesment from atos  be useful as evidence?
    thank you for any advise in advance 
    So sorry to hear that.

I doubt very much that the DWP will help you out by going back to your earlier form and the evidence you sent in that gave rise to your current award.
    I would suggest that you treat this review as a complete new claim and send any evidence in that you think might help.

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @shazier,
    i understand how anxious and depressed you are after everything that’s happened recently.
    Whatever letters , evidence you have I’d copy and send it with your review form, no matter how old.

Good luck and try to stay strong
  • Yadnad
    susan48 said:.
    Whatever letters , evidence you have I’d copy and send it with your review form, no matter how old.
    Given that the DWP state that no letter/evidence/report etc which is over 2 years old should be sent in, there is nothing stopping you in doing so. It then depends if the DWP want to dismiss it/them as to old and irrelevant with the passage of time.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    When I spoke too p.I. P amount my review .one adviser said send everything in no matter how old .then another said keep it short and just bullet proof answers so I can't advise .I woukd ring them I see what they say .good luck x
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:
    susan48 said:.
    Given that the DWP state that no letter/evidence/report etc which is over 2 years old should be sent in, there is nothing stopping you in doing so. It then depends if the DWP want to dismiss it/them as to old and irrelevant with the passage of time.
    Some people have no new evidence, I didn’t so sent everything I had regradless of how old.
    I doubt very much that the DWP has the time to work out how old, within reason, your evidence is when looking at your review form.

If they do then it’s their  call whether they take it into account. What I was actually trying to do was to help @sh@shazier not add to their already anxious state
  • Yadnad
    When I spoke too p.I. P amount my review .one adviser said send everything in no matter how old .then another said keep it short and just bullet proof answers so I can't advise .I woukd ring them I see what they say .good luck x
    I was quoting from the DWP's own advice which actually appears on the claim form itself.
    To be brutally honest I don't believe that anybody in the DWP offices knows very much about anything - they seem to make their answers up.
  • shazier
    @Username_removed. and thank you.  the form i have received is a renewal. Its asking me to tick a box, easier the same or harder. I have ticked the same as this is true. the only thing that is different to my last claim is the new diagnoses of ischemic heart this affects me if i try to get upstairs which is not very often and also affects  me when i get extremely anxious and stressed, it causes pains in my chest and i have to take a spray. its not change in circumstances i dont think  as my care needs are still the the same. Im sorry i dont want to sound stupid  but i dont know what you mean by anecdotes. The evidence i have is the ame evidence that i have already sent them, will they stil have a copy or should i send them again. my gp has given me a brief letter staing my conditions, she said if they need any information the will write to her, shes not as helpful as my gp that retired and alo doesnt know me very well.
  • WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    I didn’t have any evidence whatsoever at my assessment. All I took with me was the medication I take. 
    I asked at the end of the assessment whether it made a difference because I didn’t bring any evidence and she told me that they ask your GP and look at your previous DLA form. 
    I was awarded standard rate mobility and standard rate care. (Previously high rate mobility and no care DLA).
    Did a MR (and still never sent any evidence with my letter) and was awarded high rate mobility and standard care. 
    ?
  • Yadnad
    WaterLily said:
    I didn’t have any evidence whatsoever at my assessment. All I took with me was the medication I take. 
    I asked at the end of the assessment whether it made a difference because I didn’t bring any evidence and she told me that they ask your GP and look at your previous DLA form. 
    I was awarded standard rate mobility and standard rate care. (Previously high rate mobility and no care DLA).
    Did a MR (and still never sent any evidence with my letter) and was awarded high rate mobility and standard care. 
    ?
    I have no idea why the assessor said that as it is common knowledge that very few if anybody will contact your GP.
    As for getting your DLA file out of storage to look at the evidence it may hold and what if any previous assessment had said I really do doubt that they will bother.
    The only time that you will be asked if you wanted to give the DWP permission to get hold of the DLA file is during the transition from DLA to PIP. Also, if you made a telephone call to start the PIP process off the DWP generally does not give you that option. It is only when you complete the PIP1 form instead of making the telephone call does it actually offer you that opportunity.

• Yadnad
    edited July 2018
    It depends on who you make the phone call to. DWP have conceded to stakeholders that the question should be asked every time but it probably doesn’t happen when the calls are outsourced. The problem with doing a paper PIP 1 is that you lose money as your date of claim runs from when it’s tegistered on their system rather than from when you make the phone call.
    I've just read your latest submission on this topic on Rightsnet. Seems that the DWP are suggesting that the claimant should be proactive in applying for a copy of their DLA file (if it hasn't been shredded in the meantime) and submitting what relevant evidence there may be in it when sending in the PIP2 form AND not expecting the DWP to do their job for them. Failure to be proactive will only allow the DWP to argue at a Tribunal that the claimant is lazy and not really interested in putting forward a comprehensive PIP claim.

I can't see how money could be lost unless you are suggesting that they would get a higher PIP award than their current DLA one or that we are actually talking about a new PIP claim.

I know that I was never asked about my DLA file nor were there any questions regarding vulnerability. I only found out when I down loaded the example of a  PIP1 from the net but by then it was too late.

• Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    I have just been diagnosed with fibermergila anybody give advise would it be worth me applying for review I now get pip but I get 224 a month do you think it could change anythink. Am scared I might loose what I have with the way the system works 
  • Yadnad
    Toffee said:
    I have just been diagnosed with fibermergila anybody give advise would it be worth me applying for review I now get pip but I get 224 a month do you think it could change anythink. Am scared I might loose what I have with the way the system works 
    It all depends if you genuinely believe that you could achieve more points AND have the evidence to back it up.
  • shazier
    You don’t sound stupid. Anecdotes are the stories which suppprt your assertions you score specific points. So, saying you fall is not evidence. It’s an assertion. Describing every last detail of the last couple of times you fell. That’s evidence. 

A renewal is where your award has run out. So, this is effectively a new claim. Did you keep a copy of your original claim as that’s the perfect starting point (assuming it succeeded first go). They will not use the evidence from your previous claim for this one even though there’s a strong public law argument that they should. One of the reasons they don’t is because it’s a new claim abd therefore the burden of proof is on you to show entitlement. 

What you send in terms of evidence, medical or otherwise, depends on whether it helps with a dispute. So, medical evidence helps if your diagnosis, treatment or prognosis is in dispute. It’s unlikeky to be of use on the main thing - which points should you score and why. I’d concentrate on a couple of examples for each descriptor before I worried what other evidence should go in.
    Hi, sorry my form is a review, not a renewal.
    I have to tick boxes ( easier.. Harde... No change. Does this make a differance in how or what i write
  • shazier
    @Username_removed thank ou so much for your advise. yes . I do have the original copy.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.