Opinions on slow release morphine — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Opinions on slow release morphine

joan63
joan63 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have just started slow release morphine and wanted to know peoples opinion on it

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joan63, hopefully some of our community members will be in touch soon and able to share their own experiences. In the meantime, you may be interested in some of our other chronic pain discussions, including people's tips for dealing with chronic pain.

As always, if you have any queries or concerns about any of your current medication or treatment, it's always best to speak to a medical professional involved in your care, as they're often best placed to help you. Do keep us updated, and I really hope today's as kind as possible to you. 
  • joan63
    joan63 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Been on them a long while I find they releave the pain very well my only concern is that it's not fixing the problem. Causes drowsiness as well.
  • ClaireSaul
    ClaireSaul Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Hi @joan63
    I know that i constantly say it, but with analgesia and pain there is no "one size fits all" - so it is difficult to pass comment on your MST question.  These types of drugs are used for treatment of many different types of pain very successfully and others less so.
    I personally took slow release oxycodone (Oxycontin - a synthetic morphine that is double the strength) for several years so do have experience of SR opiates for chronic nerve pain - but I know that it affected me differently to other people that I knew.  Also the different opiates can affect the same person in different ways.

I hope that this helps a little - as Pippa said, please discuss any concerns with you pain team/GP - but let me know if I can help!

Best wishes,
    Claire
    Claire Saul
    Chronic Pain Advisor
    Scope
    helpline@scope.org.uk
    scope.org.uk
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Hi iv been om slow relese morphine for a few years
     Cant say its strong.enouh to stop any pain. Just takes edge off. Downside it makes me fall asleep.as soon.as i sit down zzzzz only read 3/4 pages of any book amd im zzzz. Put tv on and zzzzz you get the idea. Sat in hospital and zzzzzz the nurse brough doc over told them im ok while they wete talking zzzzz.
    So would not recomend morophine 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.