Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Confusing ESA letter
Hi - first time posting here, though have been lurking for a while. I receive Income related ESA, support group. Have done for some years and have been left alone. I've just received a letter from DWP saying they want to look at my claim., but the letter says they want to decide if I'm eligible for ESA from January 2013, and if I am I might be eligible for extra payments But this is what I already get! I hate contacting them and rocking the boat, so thought maybe this is just a clerical error and should ignore it.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.