No longer being given full sick pay- help! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

No longer being given full sick pay- help!

robinhood8 Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
edited July 2018 in Work and employment
Hi everyone hope you're enjoying this lovely weathe. Can somebody give me some advice I've been off sick 4 about 2 months now I just received the letter for my employment  saying and no longer entitled the full payment and I entitled two half payment until September please could only give me some advice I I was born with cerebral palsy also diagnosed is arthritis  in my in my neck back and now I'm having problems leaving my mobility I'm getting the standard daily living for Pips but where do I turn to now please help I would be much appreciated thank you Jacqueline


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @robinhood8 Thank you for sharing. Hope your are enjoying the weather and sunshine.

    Wanted to add please have a look at  benefit advice and information.

    Also speak to CAB  or Welfare rights. If that helps.,

    One of our community might know the answer or a member of our team.  I am sure they will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

    Please take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @robinhood8, sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. Have you been to your GP for a long term sick note?

  • Sammyanne64
    Sammyanne64 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. Try an organisation called Turn to us. They have really informative website but also you can ring them for advice. Pretty much nothing they do not know about benefit information and will be able to advise what you can do and how to do it. I have found them an absolute godsend right from yhe start all at the end of a phone rather than having to struggle trying to get seen by a benefits advisor at the CAB. 
  • robinhood8
    robinhood8 Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    You could check out for po to ESA
  • robinhood8
    robinhood8 Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    I have appointment on thThursd I didn't know you could a long team sick certificate all I been he getting three weeks at a time since June the 2nd
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Please do let us know how it goes @robinhood8 :smile:

  • magunra2k
    magunra2k Member Posts: 45 Connected
    edited July 2018
    employers are not required to keep paying you a full wage after a certain length of time has elapsed, that length of time will be detailed in your employment contract or terms of employment, most companies offer company sick pay for about a month with additional weeks added for length of service or may have more generous terms, but its not unusual for sick pay to drop after this period of time, it will most likely drop further after september and most likely to Statutory sick pay (SSP) .
    2 Months at full pay is quite good to be honest, your employer is following the rules, i dont think a company is required by law to pay any more than SSP which is about £92 per week and that will only last for 28 weeks if memory serves me.
  • Ren_Scope
    Ren_Scope Scope Support to Work service Posts: 24 Courageous
    Hello @robinhood8

    @magunra2k is absolutely right, an an employer will pay you your contractual sick pay as agreed in your contract, after which you may go onto SSP which is £92.05 a week for up to 28 weeks, even if you were to get a long term sick note at this point from your doctor, you will not go back on to full pay as the employer has met the terms of your contractual sick pay agreement.  If you are too unwell to return to work, perhaps you should look into ESA.

    Have a look at these links, they will shed some light on ESA.

    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: [email protected]
  • robinhood8
    robinhood8 Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Thank you for your support ?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering
    Also think about Housing Benefit (if you rent) and Council Tax Support from your local council - these can be paid due to low income even if you're not entitled to ESA.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • robinhood8
    robinhood8 Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Thank you for your help and support ?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.