Do Scope send Cold Callers out to people's houses? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do Scope send Cold Callers out to people's houses?

Options
Chuppachups
Chuppachups Community member Posts: 10 Connected
We just had two young fellas come to the door saying they where from Scope and wearing a chest plackard vest.

Comments

• Maxwell8
    Maxwell8 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I’ve just naive just had one. No ID or lynard just a ceumolwd SCOPE t-shirt over a short. Looked pretty dishevelled. Surely Scope don’t send out cold callers? 
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    I wouldnt of thought so as scope hold your information and are protected under data protection act. Also I think they would give you warning and seek your permission before going to your address. Any person representing a charity legally have to present a id card. I would call scope to put your mind at ease and good for you questioning there motives and representation. Being couscous and questioning keeps you safe. I hope you get peace of mind with this situation. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that you sent us an email about this @Maxwell8? If so, I forwarded it onto some colleagues so that they could get back to you. If this was you, did you hear a reply from them? 

We do have face-to-face fundraisers, but my understanding is that they should usually have a photo ID badge, a letter allowing them to collect Direct Debits on Scope's behalf, and be wearing something with the Scope logo on. 

You can read more about our face-to-face fundraisers on our website.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.