PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Working while being on PIP

BooysieBooysie Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I receive PIP would I be able to earn £100 per week without affecting my PIP  just answering the phone and texting clients of my husband.

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Booysie and a warm welcome to the community! 
    PIP is tested due to restrictions in your life, therefore the money is there to try and elevate that. You can have an income and it will not affect PIP :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • YadnadYadnad Member - under moderation Posts: 2,862 Disability Gamechanger
    Booysie said:
    I receive PIP would I be able to earn £100 per week without affecting my PIP  just answering the phone and texting clients of my husband.
    You can earn whatever you want just as long as the work you do does not compromise the reason why PIP was awarded.
    I actually work more hours per week than when I was before I retired. However all of it is voluntary. I was at the time receiving PIP - Enhanced care & Mobility.
    If I was to get paid the going rate for the hours I work my weekly income would have been well over £1000.  
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    @Booysie, you can work and receive PIP, as far as I’m aware there’s no cap on how much you earn.

To be sure check the PIP website or disability rights website 
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is not means tested - you can have as much income and savings as you like without your PIP being affected.

But, the work you do cannot conflict with the reasons you receive PIP.  As long as you haven't said you can't use the phone, your PIP would not be affected.
Sign in or join us to comment.