Working while being on PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working while being on PIP

Options
Booysie
Booysie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I receive PIP would I be able to earn £100 per week without affecting my PIP  just answering the phone and texting clients of my husband.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Booysie and a warm welcome to the community! 
    PIP is tested due to restrictions in your life, therefore the money is there to try and elevate that. You can have an income and it will not affect PIP :)
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Booysie said:
    I receive PIP would I be able to earn £100 per week without affecting my PIP  just answering the phone and texting clients of my husband.
    You can earn whatever you want just as long as the work you do does not compromise the reason why PIP was awarded.
    I actually work more hours per week than when I was before I retired. However all of it is voluntary. I was at the time receiving PIP - Enhanced care & Mobility.
    If I was to get paid the going rate for the hours I work my weekly income would have been well over £1000.  
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Booysie, you can work and receive PIP, as far as I’m aware there’s no cap on how much you earn.

To be sure check the PIP website or disability rights website 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is not means tested - you can have as much income and savings as you like without your PIP being affected.

But, the work you do cannot conflict with the reasons you receive PIP.  As long as you haven't said you can't use the phone, your PIP would not be affected.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.