PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP MR

pickie64pickie64 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I recently had a pip assessment for which I was turned down,I am currently waiting on a mandatory reconsideration. When I received my assessors report she had completely lied everything I answered no to became a yes the only honest statement was I could walk 200 metres which I wasn't even asked or moved from my chair throughout. So she guessed that one correctly. I'm so angry because it's a regular occurrence for most and I wondered if there's an independent body I can complain to as the dwp and capita are to be frank useless and palm you off 
Thank you 

Replies

• Liam_AlumniLiam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,113 Pioneering
    Hi @pickie64,

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your PIP claim. Citizens Advice have a page on their website about complaining about the service you've received when it comes to benefits, which you may find useful.

Also, in terms of the Mandatory Reconsideration, we have some videos and information about the DWP appeals process on our website, which may be helpful to you.

I hope all of this helps!
    Liam
  • pickie64pickie64 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Oh lovely thank you very much Liam x
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pickie64 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. I wish you the very best of luck with your appeal and if you need any advice then please do ask!

Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • pickie64pickie64 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Chloe that's very kind thank you. X
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    pickie64 said:
    . I'm so angry because it's a regular occurrence for most and I wondered if there's an independent body I can complain to as the dwp and capita are to be frank useless and palm you off 
    Thank you 
    Unfortunately what you have experienced is normal for some. Complain? If you want to complain about the assessment or the report you will have to do so to the assessing company direct.
    Don't expect them to agree with your complaint - they are just as bad at accepting any form of responsibility as the NHS or the civil service is
    Personally I wouldn't even bother giving them the time or energy in making a complaint. Instead I would be focusing on the MR and if that fails the appeal Tribunal.

Sign in or join us to comment.