PIP MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR

Options
pickie64
pickie64 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I recently had a pip assessment for which I was turned down,I am currently waiting on a mandatory reconsideration. When I received my assessors report she had completely lied everything I answered no to became a yes the only honest statement was I could walk 200 metres which I wasn't even asked or moved from my chair throughout. So she guessed that one correctly. I'm so angry because it's a regular occurrence for most and I wondered if there's an independent body I can complain to as the dwp and capita are to be frank useless and palm you off 
Thank you 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @pickie64,

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your PIP claim. Citizens Advice have a page on their website about complaining about the service you've received when it comes to benefits, which you may find useful.

Also, in terms of the Mandatory Reconsideration, we have some videos and information about the DWP appeals process on our website, which may be helpful to you.

I hope all of this helps!
    Liam
  • pickie64
    Options
    Oh lovely thank you very much Liam x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pickie64 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience. I wish you the very best of luck with your appeal and if you need any advice then please do ask!

Scope

• pickie64
    Options
    Hi Chloe that's very kind thank you. X
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    pickie64 said:
    . I'm so angry because it's a regular occurrence for most and I wondered if there's an independent body I can complain to as the dwp and capita are to be frank useless and palm you off 
    Thank you 
    Unfortunately what you have experienced is normal for some. Complain? If you want to complain about the assessment or the report you will have to do so to the assessing company direct.
    Don't expect them to agree with your complaint - they are just as bad at accepting any form of responsibility as the NHS or the civil service is
    Personally I wouldn't even bother giving them the time or energy in making a complaint. Instead I would be focusing on the MR and if that fails the appeal Tribunal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.