If my appeal is successful, will my money be backdated to the start of my PIP claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If my appeal is successful, will my money be backdated to the start of my PIP claim?

Edie23
Edie23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,  its good to find a site where you can actually get answers.  I am waiting for my tribunal date but would like to know if I  win will I get my money backdated to the date my claim for PIP started?  Is this definate? I was on Dla originally . Thank you in advance 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Edie23,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I found the following information on the Citizens Advice website about what happens after a successful appeal:
    If your appeal is successful, you’ll get an official notice in the post within a couple of weeks. You’ll receive your new amount of money every 4 weeks.
    The DWP will also have to pay you everything they should have been paying you from the date of your claim. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for this money to come through.

Also, best of luck with the tribunal! As well as the above page from Citizens Advice having lots of information about the tribunals process, Scope also has lots of advice and videos about preparing for a tribunal which may be of use to you. 

I hope this helps. Good luck! :)

Liam
  • Edie23
    Edie23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much :?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.