Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Sign language support?
I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to be posting this, as I'm not actually D/deaf or hard of hearing, but I have rather severe Auditory Processing Disorder, and I find it incredibly difficult to hear things properly unless it's basically silent (I can't even hear people talking to me if the oven or washing machine is on and I'm on the same floor), which means my household has had to try and attempt to rely on sign language to communicate, but we're struggling to find ways to learn that aren't incredibly expensive, since the only classes here seem to be evening classes that cost £300+ for about 8 weeks of basic tutoring, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.