Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Innovation- Oral hygiene - Brushlink
From time to time I come across products designed for the mainsteam market that I think could be specifically helpful for some disabled people.
We all know that taking care of our teeth is important but for some disabled people ensuring that all the nooks and crannies have had a good brushing is really difficult.
Brushlink a tiny tracker, is a bit like a mini fitbit for your toothbrush, it links to an app that shows how you are doing and can also be used as a 'coach' to encourage you to focus more on those spots that are getting missed.
Useful for those with dexterity issues perhaps and I can see that this product could also be potentially helpful to carers who need to monitor that those they care for are managing to brush their own teeth ok.
PS: more info about oral hygiene for people with disabilities can be found at: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/tips/hygiene/teeth
Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT
You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 710 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments