Hi, my name is supportnetwork18! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is supportnetwork18!

Options
supportnetwork18
supportnetwork18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I was starved of oxygen at birth and although the doctors told my parents that I would be damaged goods all my life, I have proved that theory wrong and have achieved far more than anyone thought possible of me. As an adult, although I am a mother and parent myself of a 15 year old I am now beginning to struggle with getting on with people. The last time I had a proper friend was 1984. I have been a loner since moving to Kent in 1984 and am beginning to question whether the difficulties of my birth are causing issues with my ability to get on with people in society in general. This week has proved positive in that I have been given 5 job interviews, but my ability to get on with those around me is beginning to fail. I do have a therapist which helps. I always maintained I didn't need additional support, but I am beginning to think that maybe I do, to meet people who themselves have suffered issues like mine, who also find it difficult adjusting to life in general. I have decided now to come out into the open that actually it might be helpful to be apart of an organisation that could offer me help and support, through friendship.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @supportnetwork18 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing your story.  Understand the situation and problems as do a lot of the community.

Including my self.

Looking for friends and support. We are a community who care and share.

Lots of advice and information.  Ask the community anything.

Good to hear you want support the community and offer the help and support to others.

Hope to speak soon whenever you wish to.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @supportnetwork18 and a very warm welcome to the community! Many people can struggle to make friends, and like you said, it can be difficult. Thank you for taking the time to share this with the community. I hope you can use this supportive place to talk to others and connect in some way. Please do have a look around the community and get involved in any way you would like. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.