Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is supportnetwork18!
Hi I was starved of oxygen at birth and although the doctors told my parents that I would be damaged goods all my life, I have proved that theory wrong and have achieved far more than anyone thought possible of me. As an adult, although I am a mother and parent myself of a 15 year old I am now beginning to struggle with getting on with people. The last time I had a proper friend was 1984. I have been a loner since moving to Kent in 1984 and am beginning to question whether the difficulties of my birth are causing issues with my ability to get on with people in society in general. This week has proved positive in that I have been given 5 job interviews, but my ability to get on with those around me is beginning to fail. I do have a therapist which helps. I always maintained I didn't need additional support, but I am beginning to think that maybe I do, to meet people who themselves have suffered issues like mine, who also find it difficult adjusting to life in general. I have decided now to come out into the open that actually it might be helpful to be apart of an organisation that could offer me help and support, through friendship.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments