Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
ESA appeal query
I wonder if anyone can help me please.
I receive ESA because I suffer from anxiety and depression. Last year I had my ESA turned down so I followed the procedure, mandatory reconsideration and then appeal. While I was appealing they paid me ESA work focused group rate, then called me in for another assessment. I failed the second assessment, so we put in another reconsideration letter.
I won my appeal and I have been waiting for my ESA to be reinstated, then today I get a letter saying my mandatory reconsideration for the second assessment has been turned down.
I am very confused. What does this mean? Does the appeal decision override the second mandatory reconsideration, or do I have to appeal again?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.