Tick — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Tick

cripps
cripps Member Posts: 412 Pioneering
When your luck is down it’s down, i was out and about with some friends a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately i was bitten by a tick on my leg, didn’t think much of it after i had pulled it off and just got on with life. After a few days i was feeling like i had run over by a bus , i couldn’t stay awake and my breathing was all over the place, so i got the doctor out and he wasn’t happy so off i went to hospital and after bloods taken and other tests it’s been confirmed today that i have lyme disease. I’m not too bothered but i feel really ill, just not having much luck at the moment. 🙁😢

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,799 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this @cripps- a few of my friends have lyme disease and I know how awful it can be. At the very least, I'm glad to hear you knew to inform the doctor and you were diagnosed relatively early. My friends also speak very highly of Lyme Disease Action- so their website may be worth a look!
  • cripps
    Thank you, nice to know there’s good friends out there but at the moment my stomach is rolling around in all directions, trying to get out of bed 🛏 to make a brew but finding it a little hard so if anyone want to come round and help me I’ll much appreciate it 😀, thanks for the website I’ll give it a look. I’ve been ill in the past but this has knocked me for six. 🤮🤢
  • Waylay
    Waylay Member Posts: 963 Pioneering
    You're getting antibiotics, right?

I had it in 1994. Horrendous. People don't understand how debilitating it is.
  • cripps
    Hello yes I’m having the antibiotics but that’s the easiest bit, i can’t start to tell everyone how ill I’ve been, I’m still struggling with getting out of bed I’ve not eaten and just getting around is a nightmare. NC

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.