Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is amara5204!
Hi, I have a 24 year old daughter who has learning disabilities and is on the autistic spectrum. I am her appointee. She is receiving ESA and DLA, but wants to have a non dependent live with her in her privately rented home. Is the ruling still the same as 2017, that no changes will be made apart from the £61 severe disability allowance for living alone? It is good to know I can now come and ask the community if I have problems, instead of feeling alone in the most complicated world of benefits!. Thank you all for reading/responding to this query.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.