Not sure what this is — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure what this is

Options
Erinesque
Erinesque Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I had a high tibial osteotomy back in 2015, and along with that, my surgeon implanted a plate and screws.  I joked with him afterward, and asked if I might be able to use magnets as decoration.  

Today, though, I had a very odd sensation over the surgery point.  I was wearing my AFO, and felt like something was poking me, but I couldn't feel whether it was external or internal.  

Later, I'm now feeling more of that odd poking sensation, but it feels internal now - just over my tibia.  Does anyone think this sounds concerning, or should I not be worried at this point?

Comments

• Trekster
    Trekster Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I haven't had this type of surgery but three years later seems odd to have a new symptom.

Is this a known affect of your disability?

Could you ask the gp to check you over to make sure the screws and plates haven't slipped?

Hope you find a solution soon. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Erinesque, if you have any concerns about symptoms your experiencing or your condition, always speak to a GP or a professional involved in your care- always best to be on the safe side!
  • Erinesque
    Erinesque Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I did speak to my gp, who didn’t seem overly concerned. He advised that I wait for a bit before getting worried over it.  If it gets worse, I’ll be making an appointment with the surgeon himself. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, @Erinesque. Wishing you all the best and do keep us updated! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.