Not sure what this is — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure what this is

Options
Erinesque
Erinesque Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I had a high tibial osteotomy back in 2015, and along with that, my surgeon implanted a plate and screws.  I joked with him afterward, and asked if I might be able to use magnets as decoration.  

Today, though, I had a very odd sensation over the surgery point.  I was wearing my AFO, and felt like something was poking me, but I couldn't feel whether it was external or internal.  

Later, I'm now feeling more of that odd poking sensation, but it feels internal now - just over my tibia.  Does anyone think this sounds concerning, or should I not be worried at this point?

Comments

• Trekster
    Trekster Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I haven't had this type of surgery but three years later seems odd to have a new symptom.

Is this a known affect of your disability?

Could you ask the gp to check you over to make sure the screws and plates haven't slipped?

Hope you find a solution soon. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Erinesque, if you have any concerns about symptoms your experiencing or your condition, always speak to a GP or a professional involved in your care- always best to be on the safe side!
  • Erinesque
    Erinesque Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I did speak to my gp, who didn’t seem overly concerned. He advised that I wait for a bit before getting worried over it.  If it gets worse, I’ll be making an appointment with the surgeon himself. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, @Erinesque. Wishing you all the best and do keep us updated! 

Brightness