Hi, my name is Steph42! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Steph42!

Options
Steph42
Steph42 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Having fibromyalgia is hard. More so now that those who have always claimed to understand, have taken to questioning me after the randomness of flares and triggers has upset their plans a few times.
I don't mind ignorance , but if people say they "know" what I'm all about,  and talk about how much they understand and care, it hurts when you realise they really really don't! I can't pick and choose when I'll have a flare. I can't guarantee I'll be well enough to attend something I've been planning for ages. And I certainly can't help it if I have used up all of next week's spoons in order to keep a promise or attend something I've looked forward to, and then need to rest for 2 weeks to catch up...or even end up flat on my back after. 
Fibro sucks. But this is my life. It's who I am now. I make the best of every opportunity I possibly can, but I have priorities and have to choose my battles wisely due to the repercussions and aftermath. 
Why are people so damn frustrating???? 
Gggrrr....
Ok rant over lol
Hi I'm Steph and I have 5 kids  an amazing partner,  and I recently managed to get qualified as a nail technician.  I'm a strong independent fibro warrior with a big heart a busy brain and a body that can't always keep up. 
Blessed Be xxx

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Steph42

Welcome to our community! 

Congratulations on your qualification! You should be proud of yourself :)

I don't have fibro however battling different health issues over the past 2 and a half years I've learnt that some people just do not understand and it is incredibly frustrating!

I'm sure there are fibro Warriors here in the community who would be more than happy to share experiences and have a rant! You're not alone :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.