Help with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with PIP

Options
leannexlush
leannexlush Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
I'm having pip issues and really need some help if you can i read some of your posts and you all seem far more knowledgable so here goes !
I have been ill for years and finally crumbled about two years ago thought i was not going to be around for long claimed pip got high care and low mobility and as i couldnt do anything for myself spent about 9 months in bed i was a bit shocked 
I was unable to go to the tribunal i couldnt stand up at that time i didnt know what was wrong with me the judge said she needed to see some proof of my disability a diagnosis and belive me it wasnt through lack of trying to get one but everyone was stumped 
That was september then the following jan i got my diagnosis fnd and cfs so i went back to pip 
And they took away the higher rate care 
Iv been so upset i feel like i shouldnt be like this and i need to shake myself but i know from past trying to get through it that is not going to happen or end well 
I read all your posts about them lying and they did that to me they said i said i could walk so far when i never said that and stuff about she goes on social media i dont i struggle to scroll 
Im taking it to tribunal but the assesment was rather short and i feel he didnt ask me all the questions he should have and that is why i didnt get a good outcome and how do i prove he lied ?
Iv been told scope will help if the case is unlawfull but im not sure what that means 
If you got this far thats great i probably would have fell asleap so ta very much x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @leannexlush   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing your story with the community.

Every body does understand and I myself as other members of the community.  Who can identify your situation you are in.

The issues you raise are a constant problem in this the assessments.

My advice to you is ask if you can. To speak some one in our team who may advise.  Contact our number on above 0808 800 3333.

I know there has been cases from our community who have taken ATOS or Capita to court and have won.

Unfortunately these are too few. I know my own problems and issues I need to know myself in future reference s. Should it happen to me.

I thought of CAB or Welfare rights. Had a look at advocates and benefit law.  Problem is all too complex and confusing.

All I know I feel for you and all the community are supportive.

Some one in the community may also advise you. I hope and wish you the best. Keep in touch.

We are a friendly community. May I add have a look at our benefit information and advice.

Hope that helps.  Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leannexlush and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences with PIP. CAB can offer great advice and here is some information that Scope can offer about PIP and the appeal process. Many of the community members will be able to relate to this unfortunately so I hope they too can offer some support. Please do look around the community and get involved in any aspect you would like. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to get in touch! :)
    Scope

• leannexlush
    leannexlush Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi chloe and spice man 
    Many thanks for that i will look around 
    Leanne xlush

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.