Is another f2f imminent? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is another f2f imminent?

Options
zebra_warrior
zebra_warrior Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Good afternoon, 

I'm new here and hoping somebody can advise me please. 

I am in the support group of ESA, which after initial f2f assessment has been awarded on paper based review.
My PIP was awarded until next year after tribunal where it was changed from standard daily care to enhanced for both. DWP rep was there and admitted they should have awarded this in first place. 

I have now filled in and returned an annual review where I marked no change for all and updated my additional medication. 

As this was awarded by tribunal and I've marked no change, am I likely to be called to another f2f? 
Also, if I do have to have one when would they do this? My award is until June next year so I'm worried I'll lose my award before this.

I keep trying to call pip, but after 25 mins on hold hang up. 

Thank you for any advice 
ZW

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon, 

I'm new here and hoping somebody can advise me please. 

I am in the support group of ESA, which after initial f2f assessment has been awarded on paper based review.
    My PIP was awarded until next year after tribunal where it was changed from standard daily care to enhanced for both. DWP rep was there and admitted they should have awarded this in first place. 

I have now filled in and returned an annual review where I marked no change for all and updated my additional medication. 

As this was awarded by tribunal and I've marked no change, am I likely to be called to another f2f? 
    Also, if I do have to have one when would they do this? My award is until June next year so I'm worried I'll lose my award before this.

I keep trying to call pip, but after 25 mins on hold hang up. 

Thank you for any advice 
    ZW

Most awards have an end date. It is completely normal for the DWP to start to review your entitlement 12 months before the end date. So with an end date of June 2019, you will start the process all over again in June 2018. If after the face to face assessment which is also common for reviews and it is found that you no longer qualify for PIP the current award will end even though it is  before June 2019.
    There is no point in starting the review next June as you will be without a payment until the results of the face to face assessment and report are known.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Most people have face 2 face assessments so expect to have one this time. Being awarded by a Tribunal last time won't make any difference to your review this time.

You say you marked no change on the form you sent? Did you add additional information to this or just no change and left the boxes completely empty? Did you send evidence to support your claim? Evidence will be needed, as they rarely contact anyone.

There's no timescales to assessments, it all depends on backlog in your area. Some wait a few weeks, while other wait months. Hopefully for you it won't be too long. If a home assessment is needed then you'll need to letter from your GP stating the reasons why. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zebra_warrior
    zebra_warrior Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. 
    I thought I would have to attend another f2f, I just can't believe they constantly put you through the distress of it all.
    I didn't put any additional information in the boxes apart from saying that my general pain and dislocations have increased but I'm not receiving any additional help as I get the maximum (from preparing a meal to mobility troubles) help possible.
    My condition is mostly self managed but I sent all evidence I had

I understand the f2f are necessary but unfair that an award could possibly end before your end date or to face a tribunal again. I have just been so anxious since returning the form, but I know we all feel the same.

Anyway, thanks again at least I know to expect the worse now.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I thought I would have to attend another f2f, I just can't believe they constantly put you through the distress of it all.
    That's the purpose of PIP - to constantly keep you on your toes so to speak. The DWP don't see it as a distressing thing they see it as the proper way to ensure that you are receiving the right amount of money.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.