Can you work while on PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you work while on PIP?

emmagrainger
emmagrainger Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have just been awarded PIP and was just wondering if I take a job I jave been offered will I need to get in touch and tell them I am going to work? Also will my PIP get stopped? 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emmagrainger and welcome to the community! Congratulations on being awarded PIP :)
    You can work while being on PIP, the purpose of the benefit is to cover extra costs of disability/ support you may need. Very best of luck with your job :)
    Scope

• emmagrainger
    Thank you! ? the job I have been offered is quite hands on if needed and think I may get it took me and do i need to get in touch and do a change of circumstances?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    People do work and claim PIP, however if the work you do contradicts your reasons for claiming PIP then there could be problems in the future. It totally depends on the job you do and your reasons for claiming PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emmagrainger
    Brilliant thanks 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem @emmagrain I would just look at the job specification to see if it would be something that is suitable for yourself. Also, have you looked at access to work? There is the possibility of having reasonable adjustment and support to carry out the job. Very best of luck and please do keep us up to date!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.