Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

premiums- do you automatically get IR?

bobscrufftia3391bobscrufftia3391 Member Posts: 4 Listener
Could anyone tell me if your single and living alone on CB support group. Do you automatically get IR top up after sending in a change of circumstances eg: Now single and Moved address??

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    No, you don't automatically get them added. You need to be assessed for the Income related top up. Savings/capital of more than £6,000 will affect this, £1 for every £250 over this amount. For savings/capital £16,000 you won't be entitled to any means tested benefits (income related top up)

If you move house and the area you've moved to is a full Universal Credit area you wont be able to claim the Income related top ups, it will be Universal credit you have to claim.

If your area isn't a full UC area then you'll need to ring ESA and ask them to send you the ESA3 form and this will assess your Income/savings/capital.
    Check what's in your area here. https://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • bobscrufftia3391bobscrufftia3391 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have filled that form in months ago. They also knew of his change of circumstances everytime I reported a change.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to ring ESA and speak to them then, as they will be the only ones that can answer your questions. Good luck and i hope you get some answers.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.