premiums- do you automatically get IR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

premiums- do you automatically get IR?

Options
bobscrufftia3391
bobscrufftia3391 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Could anyone tell me if your single and living alone on CB support group. Do you automatically get IR top up after sending in a change of circumstances eg: Now single and Moved address??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, you don't automatically get them added. You need to be assessed for the Income related top up. Savings/capital of more than £6,000 will affect this, £1 for every £250 over this amount. For savings/capital £16,000 you won't be entitled to any means tested benefits (income related top up)

If you move house and the area you've moved to is a full Universal Credit area you wont be able to claim the Income related top ups, it will be Universal credit you have to claim.

If your area isn't a full UC area then you'll need to ring ESA and ask them to send you the ESA3 form and this will assess your Income/savings/capital.
    Check what's in your area here. https://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bobscrufftia3391
    bobscrufftia3391 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I have filled that form in months ago. They also knew of his change of circumstances everytime I reported a change.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to ring ESA and speak to them then, as they will be the only ones that can answer your questions. Good luck and i hope you get some answers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.