Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

darcieollie
darcieollie Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all my pip appeal is a paper one my claim has been ongoing since 12-1-18 It is with the appeal courts now but Dwp say it’s with they’re case manager to go over all the new evidence .... appeal had all my new evidence since June ... I have multiple scelorosis and have had a relapse .... anyone the same waiting all this time ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Yes the waiting times for Tribunal are huge, some are waiting as long as 1 year and this is for Those who appear in person. A paper based decision can be even longer.

Appearing in person will give you a better chance of the decision going in your favour. If there's anyway at all you can appear in person then i advise you do this. By doing this it will give the Tribunal a chance to see for their self how your conditions affect you.
    Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • darcieollie
    Yes thanks, I sent new evidence in so now the Appeal have asked dwp to look over it again I’m just wondering why if it’s up to the court to decide
  • darcieollie
    They told me my paper is waiting to be looked at by the judge and I’ve not gone in person as my ms is quite bad 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately all you can do is wait. I know it's very stressful but hopefully they won't keep you waiting much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello darcieollie

As posted above it is taking a long time for appeals to be heard, in west yorks. it is taking at least 44 weeks. If it is a paper appeal I would however expect it to be slightly quicker. 

As detailed above your chances of success are much higher if you can attend but it is understandable if this is not possible.  You cam also ask for a domiciliary hearing.  That is the tribunal members will travel to your home to decide your appeal.  You will need strong e.g. medical evidence to say why you cannot get to the tribunal hearing.  If this is something you would, consider I would contact the tribunal now to make this request.  I have to warn you though, that it may take even longer to get a domiciliary hearing. 

Have you received help in preparing your appeal, that is identified the relevant PIP descriptors and obtained medical support to back your case up? 

Finally, given it is  a paper hearing the tribunal will probably want to make sure that PIP have seen all the evidence and commented on this before they make  a final decision on your case.  

Good luck

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• darcieollie
    Thanks for all your help 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.